Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just test drove the new nytro and all I can say is WOW. I read in a sled mod mag that they actually have 138 HP not 120! and I believe it this thing is fast! very powerful machine! good job yamaha!! I have drove apexs before and was never impressed but the nytro is sweet! i may be getting one soon who knows!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just remember you're going to need to spend plenty of time on the set up. almost 100 miles on mine and I'm not done with the rear or the front. Research on this site and totallyamaha and copy down some of the information people have been using for set up. Ride it stock first of course, but then start dialing it in and know that it will take a little time. Still, very rewarding and such a fun sled! i'm more than happy with mine. Good luck!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Good luck fellas!!! It's a sweet ride!!!! :yamaha_rules:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
You guys won't be disappointed. Just think, buying the Nytro will save you the time and hassle that the Doo boyz are having on their new XP's going back and forth to the dealer. I have 700 trouble free miles. My hand warmers work awsome (almost to hot) and haven't lost a idler wheel yet hehehehehehehe.

Many of us have already made the right adjustments, so read up and enjoy your awsome ride.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I plan on Buying a Nytro in 09. I am going to keep my Attak for a spare sled. My Attak has been an awsome sled, but its to heavy. New Skis and having the suspension resprung and revalved has helped a great deal. The Nytro seems to be the best of both worlds. My dealer told me he believes the 09 Nytros will come with a larger fuel tank.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I plan on Buying a Nytro in 09. I am going to keep my Attak for a spare sled. My Attak has been an awsome sled, but its to heavy. New Skis and having the suspension resprung and revalved has helped a great deal. The Nytro seems to be the best of both worlds. My dealer told me he believes the 09 Nytros will come with a larger fuel tank.[/b]

Same here on the NYTRO in 09...The larger tank would be a BIG plus too!! I'm sure BRP will have most of the nagging issues resolved but i miss my Yamaha's and the 4-stroke motor.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Brought home my new Nytro tonight. Getting a headache from the big grin stretching ear to ear. Also got my wife a leftover 06 Vector GT that she loves. The two of them are out nestled comfortably in the clamshell. All our snow melted this week. Sigh, BUT we have a nice storm looming for Monday! Can't wait!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I test drove a Nitro the other day and was very impressed. I could lift the front of the sled and throw it over without any problems the rear end is a one arm lift. The model I drove didn't have any blocks in the skid and I couldn't keep the front end down. It stood up on end without any hesitation. I really like the smooth power and amazing clutching in the yamaha fourstrokes. Now that there is one that has power and doesn't weigh a ton, i may have to purchase one. I'm gonna hold out for a hybrid model. After riding my M7 and Crossfire, I'll never go back to a short track. No chance.

Overall, loved it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts