Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Maine Forum Rules - If everyone pays attention and abides by these rules we'll have a better forum. Everytime I check the Maine forum it's a bunch of people ready to shoot themselves because it hasn't snowed, or a bunch of people bitching at each other.

Rules:

1) Stop crying about how it doesn't snow and go find some. A retarded monkey with a map could figure out where there is snow in New England. There are plenty of great places to ride right now even though we can't all take off from our backyards or camps.

2) If someone posts because they just got back from a great day of riding and they're excited, don't bitch at them for not telling the whole world where they were, or accuse them of riding on illegal land. Some people go out and find snow - good for them. Maybe more people should do that instead of spending their life on the computer. Just beacuse people find snow, doesn't mean they are breaking the law. There are plenty of legal places to ride in this State with good, rideable snow. We all love the sport, but that doesn't mean people have to advertise all of their riding spots.

3) Don't be bitter and attack people for the kind of riding they do, or where they ride. Some people ride with a few inches of snow, some people ride the back country in powder, some people trail ride in the County, and some people spend $20,000 on sleds so they can sit in the garage with polished tunnels and never be ridden. We're all here to enjoy the sport, so stop attacking people because of how or where they ride (unless they're breaking the law, endangering others, etc.)

4) Comments like "if my mommy and daddy bought me a sled" are unnecesary and are only meant to be insightful and cause people to argue. There is no reason to comment on how another person got their sled, or who paid for it. If someone's parents or grandparents, uncle, aunt, whoever gave them a sled, that is their business.

5) If you want an ITS trail report - ask someone in a post, check the website, or make a phone call. If you want to know where there is a great fresh powder spot, get in your vehicle and go find one.

6) Stop being PUSSIES and arguing about who found more snow, who rides the right way, and who should tell everyone where they found snow. If you can't be positive or respectful, TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER, get in your truck and drive until you find some snow, and stop acting like a baby and ruining the Maine Forum.

Who agrees and who wants to slam me and start calling me names? Come on, I know some must agree and some want to start ripping this apart. Flex those internet muscles and start talking everyone!

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Awesome post, I'm all for this. :beerchug: :div20:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Retarded monkey or not these are not top secret spots as the pictures show but some of us would like to no where they are. We all have the same plan and that is to ride so if people would be nice and maybe post where they are finding snow all would be well. Most pics show many other people there so whats a few more?

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Retarded monkey or not these are not top secret spots as the pictures show but some of us would like to no where they are. We all have the same plan and that is to ride so if people would be nice and maybe post where they are finding snow all would be well. Most pics show many other people there so whats a few more?[/b]
It snows more the higher and further north you go. Grab a topo map or GPS with topo maps loaded onto it and find some high elevation! Topo maps show you roads to get into the woods. All you gotta do is drive north and follow them. Thats what i do when i dont have someone guiding me. :div20:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Great rules. Now make it snow!

Its tough for people that are 6+ hours away to load up and drive in hopes to find a good spot to ride. You've got to be realistic with you rules. If you came to my home town in Connecticut I could show you good spots to go ATV riding that are legal. If you drove by a spot here in Connecticut and said.. wow that looks like some great riding... well you know what? That land owner isnt going to be to thrilled that you're riding on his land. But if I told you to drive yourself here 6+ hours and to grab a map and find some places to ride on you own that would be down right crazy. If I knew of legal ATV riding here in Connecticut and you wanted to come ride here i'd be more than happy to hook you up with the location, the more the merrier in my opinion. You can slam me all you want but just think about it and be realistic.

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
New Maine Forum Rules - If everyone pays attention and abides by these rules we'll have a better forum. Everytime I check the Maine forum it's a bunch of people ready to shoot themselves because it hasn't snowed, or a bunch of people bitching at each other.

Rules:

1) Stop crying about how it doesn't snow and go find some. A retarded monkey with a map could figure out where there is snow in New England. There are plenty of great places to ride right now even though we can't all take off from our backyards or camps.

2) If someone posts because they just got back from a great day of riding and they're excited, don't bitch at them for not telling the whole world where they were, or accuse them of riding on illegal land. Some people go out and find snow - good for them. Maybe more people should do that instead of spending their life on the computer. Just beacuse people find snow, doesn't mean they are breaking the law. There are plenty of legal places to ride in this State with good, rideable snow. We all love the sport, but that doesn't mean people have to advertise all of their riding spots.

3) Don't be bitter and attack people for the kind of riding they do, or where they ride. Some people ride with a few inches of snow, some people ride the back country in powder, some people trail ride in the County, and some people spend $20,000 on sleds so they can sit in the garage with polished tunnels and never be ridden. We're all here to enjoy the sport, so stop attacking people because of how or where they ride (unless they're breaking the law, endangering others, etc.)

4) Comments like "if my mommy and daddy bought me a sled" are unnecesary and are only meant to be insightful and cause people to argue. There is no reason to comment on how another person got their sled, or who paid for it. If someone's parents or grandparents, uncle, aunt, whoever gave them a sled, that is their business.

5) If you want an ITS trail report - ask someone in a post, check the website, or make a phone call. If you want to know where there is a great fresh powder spot, get in your vehicle and go find one.
6) Stop being PUSSIES and arguing about who found more snow, who rides the right way, and who should tell everyone where they found snow. If you can't be positive or respectful, TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER, get in your truck and drive until you find some snow, and stop acting like a baby and ruining the Maine Forum.
Who agrees and who wants to slam me and start calling me names? Come on, I know some must agree and some want to start ripping this apart. Flex those internet muscles and start talking everyone![/b]

Quit yer bitchin bout all the bitchin'... bitch.

J/K... too easy.

·
Registered
656 Posts

Rules:

Who agrees and who wants to slam me and start calling me names? Come on, I know some must agree and some want to start ripping this apart. Flex those internet muscles and start talking everyone![/b]
Yeah ..what HE said :popcorn:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice post!! I wouldn't tell anyone where there the spots are either. If people want to ride they should do there own research. If you live and ride in maine you should already know where to go. It's not rocket science.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Great rules. Now make it snow!

Its tough for people that are 6+ hours away to load up and drive in hopes to find a good spot to ride. You've got to be realistic with you rules. If you came to my home town in Connecticut I could show you good spots to go ATV riding that are legal. If you drove by a spot here in Connecticut and said.. wow that looks like some great riding... well you know what? That land owner isnt going to be to thrilled that you're riding on his land. But if I told you to drive yourself here 6+ hours and to grab a map and find some places to ride on you own that would be down right crazy. If I knew of legal ATV riding here in Connecticut and you wanted to come ride here i'd be more than happy to hook you up with the location, the more the merrier in my opinion. You can slam me all you want but just think about it and be realistic.[/b]
I understand your point. I happen to know we unloaded 20 miles into the woods where most people do not drive unless they are hunting or something. We were out in the backcountry where there are no houses for atleast 30 miles. I dont know who owns the land, but I have a good idea that a paper company does. If i saw any posted signs or no trespassing signs i would have turned around. There was a pretty solid base and we didnt not hurt the environment one bit. WE (RedneckZR, ride 207, exrdr96 and me) took the risk of not finding any snow. All in all i think it took us almost 4 hours to get to the spot we wanted to ride. Why should we tell you exactly where we went? I understand there is a lot of people that want to ride, but it was no highway getting there. I thought we were going to get stuck a lot of the time and was worried about going off the road becuase of ice. I dont want everyone going in there becuz heavy traffic would be disaterous on that road.

I dunno maybe I sound like an idiot. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I understand there is a lot of people that want to ride, but it was no highway getting there. I thought we were going to get stuck a lot of the time and was worried about going off the road becuase of ice. I dont want everyone going in there becuz heavy traffic would be disaterous on that road.
I dunno maybe I sound like an idiot. :dunno:[/b]
No - actually that is a very good explaination for not disclosing the location. It might have been better to use that approach to begin with.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I like Robs rules and I don't feel we need anymore.[/b]
:div20:

All is fair in love and finding snow......

Props to those that have the dedication to do so.

Suck it up to those that dont.

Lack of snow is the inherent risk you take when you enter this sport.

I wont get into the Internet and free speech. Lets not impose on that with more rules.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
If people want to ride they should do there own research. If you live and ride in maine you should already know where to go. It's not rocket science.[/b]

Here's a good site to do some reasearch on for those of you who don't know where to go. I think it's the closest thing that you'll get to "rocket science." :smilielol: :beerchug:

http://www.nohrsc.nws.gov/interactive/html...0&zoom8.y=5

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.