Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished up a few lil things on the sled today and decided to take it for a rip around the yard. So far Painted hood screens, removed underhood foam, Red ski handles, 9" billet wheels and 2wheel conversion kit, Red Chrome flyscreen, Aceberis Flag Light handgaurds, Billet Spring Adjusters, Adjust a rise 4" riser, Aluminum Brake lever, D&D Ypipe, BMP Pipe Mod, Carbon Tech reeds, 2 TPI low boys, and a 700 motor so far. Left to go are the left hand throttle, Rox running board grips, and a clutch vent. I would like to powdercoat the aarms, spindles, and rear suspension black but probably have to wait tell next year.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It pulled a nice wheelie on the grass :) . I was kinda surprised didn't think a A20 would do that. Otherwise can't really tell you have to see after the first ride how it does. Still needs to be broke in, it has a new set of wiesco pistons in it.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Just a thought and an easy addd on. I scooped up a set of holz brackets. Gives you the ride you use to on the fire cat.

What this dose is keeps the suspention from moving back to far when it compresses. You can run the track tighter with out the rubber band effect. You use the back hole for the stock suspention and the front hole with the holz coil over set up.

See how I have my front shock all the way out? I needed to do that and let out the limiters all the way out......with the rear spring in the lowest spot and three inches of slack in the track. That was the only way I could get the rear comprest to get full 17"s of rear travel. Even then I was getting popped from the rear. Holx states if your under 185# or around that weight you will not need to re-valves your shocks. Other than scratchers this is the best bang for the buck M sled add on.

If you and a buddy push down on the rear of the sled and the skis come off the ground before you compress teh rear to the bump stop your sled has this problem too. Beleve it or not but the fire cats have this problem too just do see is as much because of the shorter track. I think this is the reason the sno-pro Firecats are slower.....weight of the rider compresing the track to the point it is to tight.

One other thought is to take your riding in to thought......what % is with set up snow and what % is dry powder. If you ride set up snow and don't mind riding fast down hills flip the track to hill climb. It flat out rocks for hook up.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The plan with this sled is it will hardly ever see anything other 4ft of the fluffy stuff or more :) i sure hope anyway. We'll see what I think of the A20. I'll probably get a challanger or maveric track the biggest reason I didnt right away is they haven't come out with 153X15 maveric yet and everyone seems to think that will be the track to have.

Yeah I thought about the holz brackets and would do it other then i'm 240 so would definetly need the shocks revalved and figured with my weight the suspension might not be to bad. I figured I would just run the track loose with the extroverts for now being they say that helps the problem some. Do you think I would really need to have the shocks revalved, have you ridden your sense it was done.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I have not ridden mine with the brackets on.

Check with brokenbones I think he has a 153 maveric......Oh unless with the new tunnel he went with a 16"er.

Man if I was you....because I run the same type of snow four feet at the most.....flipp that bad boy to hill climb you will never look back. Stoping is kinda dicey but the rip your arms off pull is way way worth it.

At 240# you will love the ride with the track just loosen off. I am just 180# and the sled beat me up worce than a sno-pro fire cat. It is realy realy stiff. Took me all last year just to loosen up the ride and work the shocks in.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
looks very good man. Let me know how much better the M7 performs better than the Firecat.

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
Originally posted by DonoBBD@Oct 18 2005, 11:14 AM
I have not ridden mine with the brackets on.

Check with brokenbones I think he has a 153 maveric......Oh unless with the new tunnel he went with a 16"er.

Man if I was you....because I run the same type of snow four feet at the most.....flipp that bad boy to hill climb you will never look back.  Stoping is kinda dicey but the rip your arms off pull is way way worth it.

At 240# you will love the ride with the track just loosen off.  I am just 180# and the sled beat me up worce than a sno-pro fire cat.  It is realy realy stiff.  Took me all last year just to loosen up the ride and work the shocks in.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=937490
[/quote]
Maveric's only come in 16 x 162 right now.....

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry Donno I mean that I hope to run i minimum of 4ft deep. The deeper the better. Your right bluebear on the maveric. I guess a few people have demo versions of the 15X162 but they aren't for sale yet hopefully soon and the shorter versions will follow the way it sounds towards mid to end of the winter tenatively.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.