Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have some friend's on there way to New Liskeard to go sleding, they want to know if anybody has any trail reports toward's Cochrane or if they should start out of Kirkland Lake and if so where could they park the vehicle, Thank's

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just got back from the area, sunday, "The" Area as in East Of New Liskeard. Stayed at Auld Reekie Lodge. Probable the Best sledding trip i have had in many years, Trails had been groomed and we were the only guys using it for 2 days, Sat got us 6 inches of powder on top of the perfectly groomed trail for an amazing 200 km ride over to the C trail, shinning tree and part way to Timmins. did approx 500 km total and seen maybe 5 sleds The food and accommodation at the lodge were amazing run by a Awesome Family. Groomer on site and there out every chance they get. Great Trip!!

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
I just got back from the area, sunday, "The" Area as in East Of New Liskeard. Stayed at Auld Reekie Lodge. Probable the Best sledding trip i have had in many years, Trails had been groomed and we were the only guys using it for 2 days, Sat got us 6 inches of powder on top of the perfectly groomed trail for an amazing 200 km ride over to the C trail, shinning tree and part way to Timmins. did approx 500 km total and seen maybe 5 sleds The food and accommodation at the lodge were amazing run by a Awesome Family. Groomer on site and there out every chance they get. Great Trip!!
is Shining Tree open with gas this season?

·
Registered
157 Posts
We rode Saturday from Kirkland Lake to Iroquois Falls for lunch and back, fair bit of traffic but groomers were out Saturday afternoon, nice 220 mile ride for the day.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Heading up the middle of Feb for a week, some trails north of New Liskeard still showing red...anyone have any insight on these ? I assume with more snow they should open before than but could make it a little tricky !
Any locals with some info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks like most trails are Green or yellow around New Liskeard now. Has anyone been up recently with an idea of how much snow they actually have up there ?
Especially the way the weather has been in S Ont.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts