Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead: anyone else get this letter about the new SUPER CLOG BELT for all IQ and that no further development is planned on the o5 vibration!!!!! they say it is due to the big bore long stroke and current mounting system and the fuel map that they promised eariler in the TOWN HALL MTG. will not be forthcoming :banghead:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I truly believe that Polaris has "given up" on the 05 Fusion 900s. They just cant make the sled work the way it is supposed to with updates alone. It needs major engine and chassis re-engineering to perform the way owners expected them to.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Got the letter. It also said that they've tried various re-maps, and it caused poor cold starting and effected performance.

I don't see any solution to the vibration, other than a counterbalancer. Personally, the vibration was never an issue with my experiance.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Originally posted by LibertyLover@Oct 11 2005, 10:04 PM
Got the letter. It also said that they've tried various re-maps, and it caused poor cold starting and effected performance.

I don't see any solution to the vibration, other than a counterbalancer. Personally, the vibration was never an issue with my experiance.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923462
[/quote]

I wonder if a TRA rotax clutch with the built on dampener would calm down the 900 vibe? Maybe poo could develop, or aftermarket, a polaris clutch face with some sort of harmonic balancer on it? I know an iso vibe and foam insulation in the bars went a long way in reducing vibe on mine. I also had a bar end from a sport bike that was anti vibe designed.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Originally posted by FUSION75@Oct 11 2005, 09:45 PM
:banghead: anyone else get this letter about the new SUPER CLOG BELT for all IQ and that no further development is planned on the o5 vibration!!!!!  they say it is due to the big bore long stroke and current mounting system and the fuel map that they promised eariler in the TOWN HALL MTG. will not be forthcoming  :banghead:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923414
[/quote]

Well, they can take a long stroke on my big bore.
Good job Polaris.......idiots. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
The vibration is from an unbalanced crank and piston assembly. Polaris has been told this. If you want it fixed contact Dave at Spoiled Sports, he balances assembly at 8500 rpm and removes excessive mass

Spoiled Sports

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
Originally posted by twitch54@Oct 12 2005, 12:14 PM
got the letter, I toke great joy in putting it in the trash can since I have gotten rid of that sled !
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924440
[/quote]
Would have been nice to send it to the guy who bought it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by Thinksno@Oct 12 2005, 07:19 AM
The vibration is from an unbalanced crank and piston assembly. Polaris has been told this. If you want it fixed contact Dave at Spoiled Sports, he balances assembly at 8500 rpm and removes excessive mass

Spoiled Sports
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923765
[/quote]

If that's the case, then why is there still vibs in the 06?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Because they never corrected it , I just got mine back and believe me its not about removing weight,that you would do to a regular round crank, taking a little off to be balanced at the right rpm, Fusion cranks are pork chopped design and when they balence it to the 8300 , sometimes the add , somtimes they subtract. In my case with the fusion its about harmonics.This is not a cheap thing to do but ask any racer Bike,Atv,drag etc you want to get to you're rpm fast and smooth . And above all you don't send your crank to some rinkydink shop .There is only a couple of good shops in the USA ,I sent mine down and was impressed when it came back. Crankshafts is all they do . so I'm not saying you should do this I'm saying this is for me,I've seen it on race bikes , mod sleds .I'm repeating myself but its about harmonics

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Remember the 87 Yam. Exciter ? Harmonic distortion at certain RPM's. Actually caused the fuel flow to interrupted. Dyno Tech I beleive found it. Or was it PSI Inc. ?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Originally posted by akyou@Oct 12 2005, 03:45 PM
If that's the case, then why is there still vibs in the 06?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924785
[/quote]

Originally posted by StevieWonder@Oct 12 2005, 04:33 PM
Because they never corrected it , I just got mine back and believe me its not about removing weight,that you would do to a regular round crank, taking a little off to be balanced at the right rpm, Fusion cranks are pork chopped design and when they balence it to the 8300 , sometimes the add , somtimes they subtract. In my case with the fusion its about harmonics.This is not a cheap thing to do but ask any racer Bike,Atv,drag etc you want to get to you're rpm fast and smooth . And above all you don't send your crank to some rinkydink shop .There is only a couple of good shops in the USA ,I sent mine down and was impressed when it came back. Crankshafts is all they do . so I'm not saying you should do this I'm saying this is for me,I've seen it on race bikes , mod sleds .I'm repeating myself but its about harmonics
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924923
[/quote]

Polaris didn't fix it, Spoiled Sports have a deal with a top engine builder in Florida to balance crank assembly.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts