Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ZR 6000 El Tigre, 2015 ZR 7000 El Tigre
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't the Yamaha Turbo "on paper" rated at 180HP? Well Ski-Doo 2022 turbo just matched that "on paper" Everyone gives 4 strokes a hard time but Ski-Doo obviously has been dumping TONS of money into their 4 stroke program and nobody does that just for the heck of it.

[IMG]

·
Registered
746 Posts
No doubt Doo is going after the TCat & Winder market, and as a result AC now markets the new for 2022 TCat as a 200+ HP class sled in the leaked dealer meeting slides. BRP also down-tuned the 900 turbo with a 130HP offering and at lower price point to compete with Yamaha Viper NA 4stroke.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep I heard about the 2022 200+ HP TCat which is interesting especially when the claimed real world HP was already at 200+ HP out of the factory. The 900 turbo was to compete with the Apex at 150 HP I believe, now that its faded out BRP is focusing on the Viper. New year models are always exciting to see what the manufactures have been busy engineering.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Looks to me like the pricks at BRP are out to put Cat out and their move to introduce their Lynx brand in North America is another sign they are on a push to dominate sled sales. The T Cat was the original nobody can ever take that away. I’d buy another Cat Turbo way before I’d ever go to Doo. Fuck them.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir....the T Cat back in the 2 stroke days was a beast. Put the fear in everyone that lined up against it and still does. As a Cat fan I still think they will come out on top at the end of the lake. Am not concerned about some competition. It is good for the sledding industry IMO

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
I’d be surprised if it’s 180hp. I think it’s a game like yama/cat claiming lower power on thier turbo until this year. I would not be surprised if it makes 200ish. Either way. They should be trying to figure out how to make it look better. The g4 kinda grew on me in the right colors. But that g4 widebody is not real good looking . It’s fat chick . I’m assuming if poo came with 4 stroke it would be a fat girl also and I’d not like it just the same.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The looks of Ski-Doo is the main reason I won't buy one

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Lots of other reasons not to buy a Doo. Like belt burning. Have two buds both have the 850 and both blow belts very easily. One has gone through 3 in 1000 km. The skis on the new 850’s are also the shits, too narrow and twitchy in corners one guy has new aftermarket skis on the way. so not for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts