Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any info on what the plan is...checked the NBSF site and couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
News Release

Tourism, Heritage and Culture New infrastructure for snowmobiling at Mount Carleton Provincial Park

28 July 2015
more >

Media Contact(s)

Jason Hoyt, communications, Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture, 506-444-5185.

SAINT-QUENTIN (GNB) – A $1.4 million centralized grooming hub will be established at Mount Carleton Provincial Park before the next snowmobiling season.
“This strategic infrastructure will grow our tourism sector and advance the sport of snowmobiling in northern New Brunswick,” Tourism, Heritage and Culture Minister Bill Fraser said. “It will strengthen and enhance the Northern Odyssey snowmobile experience, reinvigorate the snowmobile trail system, and extend the snowmobiling season in this region by several weeks. The centralized grooming hub will also provide a fueling station for snowmobilers and open up 343 kilometres of new trail areas which were previously unreachable.”
The provincial government will invest $710,000 in the project. The federal government is contributing $723,708 through the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency’s (ACOA) Innovative Communities Fund. The Town of Saint-Quentin is contributing $265,000 and the New Brunswick Federation of Snowmobile Clubs is investing $75,000.
“The federal government is committed to strengthening community infrastructure to help develop prosperous communities and improve the quality of life for Canadian families,” said Bernard Valcourt, federal Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development. “That is why we are pleased to support the Town of Saint-Quentin and the New Brunswick Federation of Snowmobile Clubs through this project that will increase the number of visitors during the winter months, generating economic growth for multiple communities in Northern New Brunswick.”
Valcourt spoke on behalf of Rob Moore, minister of state for ACOA.
Construction will take place this summer and will be completed before December.
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture has a three-year agreement with the municipality for the management and operation of the centralized grooming hub in co-operation with a local management committee.
The federation will continue to oversee the management of the trail system across the province.
Fraser said snowmobiling contributes $25 million annually to the provincial economy.
“It is a core winter sport and plays a substantial role in our winter tourism marketing campaign,” he said. “In Northern New Brunswick, winter is the primary tourism season and snowmobiling is a key drawing card for visitors and tourism operators. We want to capitalize on winter’s white gold to generate revenue and growth and move our province forward.”

28-07-15

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talked to a buddy last night...guess there will be 2 groomers there and there will be new trails groomed which will create more loops in my area. Sounds like they want more grooming being done up here...hope so!

·
Registered
397 Posts
are there any maps out yet of what will be new trails? I heard a rumbling that part of the 58 from alyre to north pole road would be included? I was told 2 new lamtracks are being delivered by Nov.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Wouldn't want to hurt the "flying squirrels and American marten" lol. She acts like this is major surgery. It's widening an existing road. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Wouldn't want to hurt the "flying squirrels and American marten" lol. She acts like this is major surgery. It's widening an existing road. :dunno:
All the sledders have had a laugh about the flying squirrel comment.. :lol:

I don't even think there is any up there.

I have a friend who has extensively hiked the area and said she has never seen one. lol

·
Registered
997 Posts
Trails in orange are purposed new trails and heard that 2 new Piston Bullies were to be the groomers. Not sure of the new trails in the Christmas mountain area but the ones to the north of Mount Carleton Park will make great new trails to loop through the middle of the trail system most of which look like what we have been running (off trail) for years.....

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trails in orange are purposed new trails and heard that 2 new Piston Bullies were to be the groomers. Not sure of the new trails in the Christmas mountain area but the ones to the north of Mount Carleton Park will make great new trails to loop through the middle of the trail system most of which look like what we have been running (off trail) for years.....

Thx!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
These people will not let up was in the park last winter and nobody around,just some sled tracks.They used to sell gas and groom trails there years ago and they stopped.How can trimming some trees and building some bridges and a few trail signs hurt anything.:dunno:Wood cutters come in and cut half the hillside down and there is nothing said.wtf
:wall:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Work started or done? Is this going to be open? Or are those opposed delaying things till the snow flys thus postponing it from opening till some time in the future, if at all?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I am so tired of the natives proclaiming they are protecting anything but their wallet:whistle::whistle:. Give them some skin in this and you wouldn't hear a word, I think that's why the comment about consulting with us first. :wall::wall:

·
Registered
30 Posts
They are fixing that bridge...
from the bathurst club post they wont be grooming the trail from governors to mt carleton because the bridges have not been replaced... i wonder if they have been fixed somewat because somebody will fall in the moose brook this year... it's frustrating that a few three hugger are probably behind this.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts