Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made up my mind to pick up the legend. I have two sleds that I ride fire cat and rtx. How is everone mounting them?? Also what maps to get topo?? How do the batteries hold up should I get the ac adapter and plug it in? First gps unit so I have alot to learn maybe by the time it snows I will be in good shape.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a ? about this GPS, or maybe the Vista. If I were looking for a property stake, for example, on a piece of land, does the Legend or Vista allow you to manually enter the coordinates to find the stake? It sounds like a stupid question. I know that you can use the handhelds to save locations. I just wanted to know what the board says instead of a salesperson. I imagine you could enter the location or the intersection of Lat and Long and find a spot? That is how you find a location if you are into geocaching, correct?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes you can. on the map page you press enter to mark location ,when location page is on use the rocker to move to the coordinates and press enter,put in your coordinates. Page 11 if you have the manual.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty sure I am getting one soon, most likely the Vista Cx.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far I like the legend I downloaded the topo map and was able to also load the up trail map from here it st slick as shit. As far as finding your property stakes it works good, my friend has 40 acers in newberry and we found all the stakes by punching in the cords got us real close and what do you know a stake in the middel of the woods. Wouild have been hell to find with out the gps.

·
Registered
355 Posts
gocaps:

if you are looking at getting an etrex from the "x" series (chip capable) there is not much need for the vista over the legend. the main diff is the amount of internal memory. if you are putting all your maps on the chip, the memory in the legend is enough to hold your waypoints and such. jsut a thought to save a little cash. my 2 cents

·
Registered
355 Posts
mount looks nice, and ......SWEET SLED!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts