Hardcore Sledder banner
481 - 487 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I've seen enough posts over the years to know that around 3k they start to go, much in the same way that people know a poo cfi 800 will spit a piston at 5k.

The zuke problem is typically a simple fix but gwilburn had a friend that took out a.motor.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What? So new reeds every year? Seasonal maintenance? Non sense!
Run from any sled that needs reeds at 3k or pistons at 5k. Unacceptable.
I'll stick with my C-Tec 600.
Still performing very well at 9500 miles. Did a refresh & should be good for another 10k.
I'd run away from any sled that needs major surgery at 3-5,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Well ive got a 2018 ctec 8000 and at 900 miles needed pistons from i assume snow ingestion. When i tore it apart the stock reed cages were delaminating and small black parts from the cage were smeared into the pistons and cylinder walls.

So im not too sold on the 18+ stock cages

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I have yet to pull the pipe and see how the 3rd set of pistons at 1400 miles is doing lol. I installed a new cylinder as well because of a micro crack which caused some issues as well.

Ive had vforce since 1st rebuild. Also air box air defender

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Well ive got a 2018 ctec 8000 and at 900 miles needed pistons from i assume snow ingestion. When i tore it apart the stock reed cages were delaminating and small black parts from the cage were smeared into the pistons and cylinder walls.

So im not too sold on the 18+ stock cages
My 22 is sealed up pretty good. It has this black material on all of the air box seams and corners. It’s like a thick tape

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
My brother bought his 2018 8000 RR new and now has 5300 miles. He hasn't done a single thing to it besides change the belt once and plugs once. He pounds the dog crap out of that thing too. Its been a very impressive sled!

481 - 487 of 487 Posts