Hardcore Sledder banner
461 - 480 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
2010 F800 was 162……18 and 19 Ctec2 were 150-152hp. 20-22’s seem to be 152-154hp.
I thought the 19s were 154 ish? Something with Reed petal thickness played a part. Where as if you had vforce the 18/19 would be around 156 if i recall.

But the 20+ dont accept the mods and gain as much hp as the 18/19 according to d&d.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Looking at the chassis with the yamaha engine - the viper was not nearly as fast as the vector and didn't get the mileage either. Hopefully if cat gets around to releasing a new chassis, it will be more efficient and do a better job putting the power to the ground.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Looking at the chassis with the yamaha engine - the viper was not nearly as fast as the vector and didn't get the mileage either. Hopefully if cat gets around to releasing a new chassis, it will be more efficient and do a better job putting the power to the ground.
But it rides MUCH better. I owned both.
I think all new sleds with long travel suspension have trouble putting the power down as well as the older sleds. They just don't roll as well.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
So how are the reeds holding up on the 20+ models? Any better than the Zuke?
Big difference in both versions of this motor. I have seen quite a few sets go over 6k.
Don't know if it is riding style that ate them on the Zuke motors or just the nature of the beast? Anything more than 2,500 miles on a set, was a gift from God.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Big difference in both versions of this motor. I have seen quite a few sets go over 6k.
Don't know if it is riding style that ate them on the Zuke motors or just the nature of the beast? Anything more than 2,500 miles on a set, was a gift from God.
I changed mine to vforce around 6,000 miles. They were still ok (edges worn)

461 - 480 of 487 Posts