Hardcore Sledder banner
441 - 460 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Seriously - what are they making? 200 units of each model?
Absolutely insane.

But there's still plenty of Riots and Alpha's etc left. Such a heavy push by all brands for mtn product, but it seems like the trail stuff is always the most difficult to come by.
We will probably never know how many trail sleds they have allocated to sell for 23.

·
Registered
570 Posts
One would assume, making less at more margin.
correct, the happy medium there is the mfg cost, and the margin of the raw goods and materials needed to make the sled, AKA production costs etc. Those prices on raw goods can change daily, hourly, yearly, quarterly etc.

In talking to dealers, they are finally making money on sleds, and not getting kicked in the teeth with a race to the lowest price in the district. Alot of consumers might not be happy about paying full tilt MSRP for a new sled, but guess what, those are the times that we live in, and I know the dealers aren't going to back down from that. Nor should they.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
correct, the happy medium there is the mfg cost, and the margin of the raw goods and materials needed to make the sled, AKA production costs etc. Those prices on raw goods can change daily, hourly, yearly, quarterly etc.

In talking to dealers, they are finally making money on sleds, and not getting kicked in the teeth with a race to the lowest price in the district. Alot of consumers might not be happy about paying full tilt MSRP for a new sled, but guess what, those are the times that we live in, and I know the dealers aren't going to back down from that. Nor should they.
They'll ride it out as long as they can, but everything comes to end and the day will return when they'll have to deal (and it too will come to an end, and so on and so on...)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Dealers are also able to take in season sleds again so that probably has an effect on certain models.
It's my understanding that there will only be in season vehicles available if production goes better than expected, that's a big IF.

What's going to be comical is next season. I'm predicting there are going to select vehicles at dealers of certain models that they were able to get all the parts for and build extras. Meanwhile, there will likely be other models that they won't be able to build on time due to supply chain problems of a specific part (similar to shocks for 2022 RR). And you know people will attempt to use the vehicles in dealers as an excuse Arctic Cat doesn't know what they are doing and Cat is "screwing" them over.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's my understanding that there will only be in season vehicles available if production goes better than expected, that's a big IF.

What's going to be comical is next season. I'm predicting there are going to select vehicles at dealers of certain models that they were able to get all the parts for and build extras. Meanwhile, there will likely be other models that they won't be able to build on time due to supply chain problems of a specific part (similar to shocks for 2022 RR). And you know people will attempt to use the vehicles in dealers as an excuse Arctic Cat doesn't know what they are doing and Cat is "screwing" them over.
That is not what was stated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
would you mind sharing what was "stated" then? or how else it could work? not trying to be confrontational, just wondering how else it could realistically work and not piss off a bunch of people.
From my understanding. They allocated parts for sleds that have a known quantity for production for the year. Parts that vendors have stated they can meet. That is why the 600's, particularly the RXC sold out first. Shocks is my guess on that sled. No over selling as each model gets called sold out when said number hits.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Check out the newest Speedwerx vid.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
Nice hype video. You can see the Winder fishtail pretty good especially in the second run and no weight transfer at all with it. An educated guess is bald track and the coupling blocks could be on full lock down and who knows where the limiters are set?? You can also see it hit the trail side in another run as well. Point is without them providing set up info there's no way of knowing and therefore it's bullshit! Not saying the Polaris is studded either but suspension set up is a factor...pretty easy to dial one in and the other out. And the 137 slide action skid transfers weight and carries the skis real well properly set to do so if wanted. Mushy wet loose snow and assuming by the rain and fog it's not exactly cold which definitely is not ideal for the Winder power wise...not saying that's not a negative for the Poo but we know it is for the Winder. Not saying the Polaris won't be a runner but betting on a video like this is as how it's going to be is questionable.

Getting to the tune side....I see some saying the 998s will need 30 to 40 more hp to win...so a 998 300hp tune means the Poo has to be brought up to 260/270. Go for it! Just make sure the side of the sled has the land mine statement on it that says "face towards enemy"! Kaaaaabooooom!!!!

It's a trail sled hype video to make sales! That's it! Remember there was a lotta hype over the powered up 22 doos especially after the Old Forge joke shoot out!! Didn't quite go that way did it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
From my understanding. They allocated parts for sleds that have a known quantity for production for the year. Parts that vendors have stated they can meet. That is why the 600's, particularly the RXC sold out first. Shocks is my guess on that sled. No over selling as each model gets called sold out when said number hits.
I think we are "reading the same book" but maybe just on different pages.

What I was attempting to suggest, is that I believe the supply chain issues will continue through this year and even though the vendors have said they could meet certain volumes, they won't. That's just my opinion. Then, just like last season, there will be part shortages. I'm predicting those shortages to be limited to select parts (certain shocks and tracks) while most other vehicles will have no shortages. Then comes the scenario I laid out earlier where people will bitch because one model will be sitting in the showroom because all of that model was able to be built while other customers are still waiting.

·
Registered
314 Posts
145ish stock. Isn’t that less than the Zuke’s were making?
I don't think the ctecs have much over the zuke's, if anything. More efficient sure, but not more on top end at least. Not being critical - it took doo and poo years to make an bigger engine that hit epa targets and held together. They just started earlier.

I wish they would have made the zuke one year with the newer body panels. That would be a nice sled to keep for years.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I don't think the ctecs have much over the zuke's, if anything. More efficient sure, but not more on top end at least. Not being critical - it took doo and poo years to make an bigger engine that hit epa targets and held together. They just started earlier.

I wish they would have made the zuke one year with the newer body panels. That would be a nice sled to keep for years.
You can put the new plastics on in place of the older ones, if you so desire to do so.

·
Registered
ZR8000 RR 2020 & ZR9000 RR 2019
393 Posts

The power band is significantly better on the CTEC2 but top end was very close.

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I would mod a cat before I bought a Polaris. View attachment 2134071
What helix was in the boss and what was in the stm? They seem to be very close minus the slip area.

What's kind of interesting, ive always felt my 17 and my 18 both kind of layed down around 75-80mph. Even my 18 which was very strong in stock form would lay down in the 80s then continue around 95 to accelerate. I only ran it about 1250ft in snow covered field. But same result no matter what setup. I always contributed it to belt slip. But not helix flex.

Jackshaft flex has always been my guess due to boss design.

I ran a team tied when sled was stock minus vforce and it would hit 100 easily, but due to tied design it needed more primary shimming to get more weight force on the belt. It would slip badly under 35mph on a tightly shimmed clutch. But after 35 sled seemed to run great

441 - 460 of 487 Posts