Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
next years firecats are the f5 carb and efi f6 carb and efi and f7 carb and efi that is all i know and it is from a reliable source

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by derrek@Dec 15 2002, 09:52 PM
next years firecats are the f5 carb and efi f6 carb and efi and f7 carb and efi that is all i know and it is from a reliable source
I would be surprised if that happens.

·
Registered
827 Posts
so would i, especially the f6

·
Registered
100 Posts
Why is that surprising? I'd expect that to be the lineup next year. First, adding carb to 700 and EFI to 500 is not a huge deal. Consider that done.

THen, adding a 600 motor..well, they have to be working on something new, and lets face it, the 500 is not a 600 beater. It may keep up, but Cat will want to dominate each class.

I'd bet all my marbles (don't have many left due to lack of snow in midwest) that this will be the lineup. The big iron will still be in the ZR chassis for one more year. That will leave 2005's big news the 8 and 9's in the firecat.

The wildcard is::::::: What is up with a potential High Perf 4-stroke. I don't know enough to even guess on that one.

just mho.
kj

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trust me guys

·
Registered
340 Posts
With what looks like another crappy midwest winter who's gonna really care about next years sleds. Every year it gets worse and $7000 plus accessories for a couple weekends of fun is just not worth it anymore.

I know this is off the subject but I just had to vent- supposed to have thunderstorms here in Michigan the next few days!

I wonder if my Firecat would fit on a quad frame? :rolleyes:

I feel better now.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I want a direct injection 600 EFI 120 horse firecat, sno pro cross link suspension, 1.375 track, Green with black belly...15 inches rear travel and 10 inches up front. able to leap over doos and poos and run vipers and rx 1's into the ground... :p

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Originally posted by czy42strokes@Dec 17 2002, 03:55 PM
I want a direct injection 600 EFI 120 horse firecat, sno pro cross link suspension, 1.375 track, Green with black belly...15 inches rear travel and 10 inches up front. able to leap over doos and poos and run vipers and rx 1's into the ground... :p
Put that in a letter and mail it to the north pole!!HOHOHOHO!!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
CZY - Order 2 - I'M IN :wub:

I would expect a F6 for sure, But I am more hoping for a F8 or something. Leave that friggin 4-stroke in the ugly chassis that it currently resides in.

No self respecting performance head wants one :ph34r:

How 'bout open class powered F Chassis sled. Now We're talking. (2 STROKE of course :D )

·
Registered
562 Posts
The line up sounds about right, F6 has been on the books a while, during the grace race season Glenn Hall (D&D) told me that it has existed for a while, the marketing types just didn't want to release it yet, The best part: approx. 123-125 HP.

Other potentials in testing

V 1000 motor in F chassis, SV 650 motor (both out of the Suzuki bikes)

Get this, when I was at race school, took the factory cat tour, noticed that outside in the front of the factory lot, there were four test pilots: looked like two bearcats, one rev, on one RX1 testing in the field. On the way out of the factory they were towing the RX1 in by the bearcat. Just thought it was funny.

·
Registered
517 Posts
guys...JUst rode a Rev this weekend..God I hate to say it but it is pretty awesome.Please dont get me wrong, my blood runs green but when i was on that thing i was blown away. I really really hope AC comes out with something ike that. I was on the F7 just before that and if I wasnt so brand loyal i would own a rev before this weekend. Its that good in the trail. :wacko:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Isnt it funny all the Rev riders say thst after they ride a F7 or cat , First time I heard it the other way

·
Registered
986 Posts
Isnt it funny all the Rev riders say thst after they ride a F7 or cat , First time I heard it the other way

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ROAD A REV THIS WEEKEND AS WELL ON ROUGH TRAILS THIS SLED IS AWESOME IT IS SO EASY TO DRIVE AT HIGH SPEEDS ON ROUGH STUFF AND YOU HARDLY FEEL ANYTHING BUT WASNT SOLD ON ROAD RUNNING ON FLAT HARDPACK SLED WAS DARTING AND SEEMED TIPPY F7 IS STILL A BETTER ALL AROUND SLEDCUZ IT TO IS GREAT IN ROUGH TRAILS AND FAST AND MUCH MORE FUN ON ROAD RACING.BUT FOR A DOO ITS ONE HOT SLED AND I HATE DOO.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I rode my buddies Rev 600 two weekends ago-I agree with Patriot-it was great in the rough but I don't think I would like it on the lakes and stuff. Plus my knees and hips ached after about 10 miles from riding in that postion.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ac coming out with a rev style sled next year sabercat saw it at a tour at ac sitting out on the main floor

1 - 20 of 32 Posts