Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, I'm looking to snowcheck an 04 firecat. I'm leaning toward an F5, maybe an F6. See alot more posts on here for the F7's. I'm running a ZR600 now . I like to run the ditches and hills. Don't need a lake racer. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
RDKAT,personal choice! the f6 rocks as well as the f7!i rode the f6 and like the power it has a perfect ditch banger.i have the f7 awesome ride.good luck with your decision B)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Based on the direction of the Insurabce Industries these days, you would be wise to stay under a 600. Either way, you wont be disappointed. This is by far the best and most fun sled I have ever owned. B) :D

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have an F5 and I like it a lot. I put 800 miles on it with no problems and I too don't need to have the powerful sled. The F5 is a little quicker than a ZR 600 and a lot lighter. I think you'd be very happy with an F5. :)

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Go with the F-7 !! Nothing beats the rush !!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Order the F-6 then do a little pumping under the hood
and go beat those 7`s.(Sorry 7 owners ,just keep a look out)
cause you never know who going be next to pull up next to you)
Cape Breton Stock.............................

·
Registered
360 Posts
sounds like you're the perfect candidate for an F6. Plenty of balls for ditch banging and beating a few Revs along the way!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
U will be more than happy with a F6

·
Registered
574 Posts
Go with the F7, I have a ZR600 and take my dad's F7 whenever I can! It works so much better everywhere especially on the lakes. When riding in the U.P. with one of my friends I would always be putting like one more gallon of gas in every tank than he would. That eventually adds up. The F7 will smoke my ZR drag racing, I get beat so bad it's not even cool.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Go with the F7. MY F7 SP what I like about my is I can drive it like a Elan all day long, then you can pin the HAPPY lever :D and see ya. It's happy at all speed's.

·
Registered
2016 ZR6000 (for now....)
1,489 Posts
rdcat,

I have about 1000 miles on my F5, and I can tell you that it's absolutely awsome. It's faster, more comfortable, and all around more fun than my old ZR600.

If you like your ZR600, then you will be thrilled with the F5. If you're not into monster power, then save your cash on the sled and spend it on an extra vacation or two up north.

You can't go wrong with any of the Firecats.

ArcticGabe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND BUY A F7 AND GET A SORE NECK FROM LOOKING BEHIND YOU AFTER YOU PASS EVERYONE. VERY QUICK OFF THE LINE AND GOOD TOP END, YOU WILL NOTICE A DIFFERENCE IN THE WAY THIS NEW CHASIS RIDES, NOT A BAD RIDE JUST DIFFERENT.

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Ditches AND hills? F6 OR F7 EXT. I would say F5 EXT but I wonder if it has the grapes to turn the 144' the way you may need. You can't go wrong with any I suppose...

·
Registered
534 Posts
To add my 2 cents.

If you want roughly the same power as a ZR600 but better trail handling then an F5 would be good.

If you want the same power as a ZRT600, maybe a little faster accelleration but lightness and quickness and power to spare. Something that can really shred the trails, giving you that extra kick in the pants whenever you want it, get an F6.

If you want to move up in performance from an 800 triple, like a ZRT, but want more trail shredding and handling capacity than a 2001 Sno-Pro, get the F7. The F7 is like having an OPEN mod 711 Sno-Pro, the power is AWESOME. . . it will make you feel like your going into WARP on the Enterprise or something simular when you open up the throttle. Yes it costs a little more and is a bit more for insurance. And you may find that you'll make about 2 to 3 mistakes MORE per season on an F7 with that extra power, even being cautious. You can ride it slow, but the temptation is way to great to go fast on the F7 and you'll wonder if you should have a 68 painted on your hood when your on the trail.

All the firecats are so far above all the previous years sleds in handing rough trails and getting through them, you'll be very happy on the trails with any of them. When it comes time to line up for a drag (even a couple of times a year), you'll be happier if you have the F7 obviously. But if trail riding is what you do most and your on a tight budget the lower power Firecats are still awesome.

I find that I travel 25 to 30% faster through the trails (even during my break in period) with the F7 compared to the ZR600 SE that I had. It's in a completely different league. No matter which one you'll get rest those smiling muscles for that first ride, because your face will be locked in a smile.

:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts