• maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by hunter@Mar 3 2003, 04:09 PM
Not buying an 04, in fact after my rebuild I traded my 03 in on a Viper.
my dad has a Viper, I want to snowcheck an F6 myself. Hope you have better luck with the Viper than we have. Reccomend an added cooler and something to try and reduce hyfax wear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sled dog......two vipers in our group (2 800 CC ZRs, 1 rev, three F-7s, 1 01 SXR, 2 f5's, 1 XCSP and 2 vipers.) They are the only two sleds that have been flawless on our three trips this year (1,700 miles). Don't get me wrong, I still like cats (still have a T-cat) but you can't beat Yamaha's dependability and resale, good dealer to.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Selling my 711 cc kit,putting the stock stuff
back on her.Ordering a blackkkkkk F-6 and add
some extra`s (just enough extra`s under the hood to piss people off)
Hunter the Yammmmhaaa dealer here has a good selection
of sleds left on the floor (P.S. everyother make of sleds in the
area is completly sold out).
Cape Breton stock..............................

·
Registered
28 Posts
some people have had luck with Vipers, liek I said my dad's well it just hasn't. Gone through like 6 sets of hyfax in two seasons(2 with a wheel kit), overheated all the time till added new head gasket and rear heat exchanger, rode like crap(taken care fo with new shock kit), burned down PTO cylinder once, through a rod through the block, track ballooned up so much it ripped the front heat exchanger to shreds like it was a tin can, oh and when the dealer replaced the engine after it through the rod they put the power valves backwards so instead of engaging wehn the servo went they disconnected and it ran like crap. Not Yamaha's fault there, just a dealer who will never do our sled work again.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I'm going to wait until 05. I think 04 will actually be another testing year for the firecats to show if the updates and new design corrections to the 03 models will work. Maybe They will have an f 8 by then :D .
JIm !!

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,200 Posts
Originally posted by Jim@Mar 7 2003, 07:42 AM
I'm going to wait until 05. I think 04 will actually be another testing year for the firecats to show if the updates and new design corrections to the 03 models will work. Maybe They will have an f 8 by then :D .
JIm !!
04's will rock Cat moves fast on there problems, theres been a lot of miles put on the new F chassis and motors this year. Consider it dialed in. :D

R

·
0 Posts
I do not want to get a new sled ac forcing me to not reliable this year, one more chance for ac $3000 and my 7 for a new efi.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
for me i don,t know what to buy, definitly not another cat after what i been seeing how cheap they are built compared to everyone else leaky chain cases still (my 98 leaked ??) bad bearings (jackshaft ,and chaincase) still!! then i got a chance to see a skidoo apart and what a difference in quality everything is bigger bearings and seals ,same goes for polaris and of course yammie because all cat is worried about is weight rather than duribility i,m just tired of the same old problems. a friend of mine grass drags he used to drag cat then he decided to go skidoo and stuck with it, because he allways takes his sledds apart to ready them for grass that is when i got the chance to compare.and see thanks but no thanks cat i will pass this time around .

·
Registered
193 Posts
I hear there are clearance sales at ski shops this time of year. Better hurry!
The only skis I use have a Firecat on them!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Originally posted by miracle420@Mar 18 2003, 02:35 PM
Firecats are junk I would rather buy a set of cross country skis than another cat!
:D ordered 04 F7 nightfire :D will be lighting the snow on fire again next year the firecat rocks B)

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I've had ZERO problems with my F7 this year! Love this machine! Look at Rob. 8000+ miles and very few problems.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I am buying an 04. But I don't own a firecat currently. Obviously most people on this board own firecats, so it stands to reason most would't be buying an 04's already.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just switched from a 2000 Polaris XC 700 to a 2003 AC firecat F7. No comparison! THe F7 is better by far the best sled I've ever ridden. Not buying an 04 F-cat, but will by a new cat again in the future.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yamaha and good resale don't go hand and hand. At least not in the midwest. I'v noticed Rx-1's with as little as 300 miles and the owners are trying to dump them for $6000 to $6500. I would bet they aren't selling either. I bet these people paid probably
between 8500 and 9500 for these tanks.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts