Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if anyone posted this already but I found it this weekend at a race. The air hose or breather hose on the power valve servo is too long and gets kinked... It makes your sled bog big time and have no power...you have to un-kink it and you fine...

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Tried this on my f7 that bogged and would not start back up, but it didnt work. Maybe on the sleds that are just bogging but i have no spark... sled is goign to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Daveyboy, mine has been in the shop over a week. Left cylinder cut out. First thought it was coil and stator. Nope. Got new ones though. Now Cat says it's a short somewhere. Dealer is going to have fun looking for that. Couple of guys have posted where to look for possible problems, which I'll relay to the dealer. I'll let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by ryan001@Mar 23 2003, 06:22 PM
I am not sure if anyone posted this already but I found it this weekend at a race. The air hose or breather hose on the power valve servo is too long and gets kinked... It makes your sled bog big time and have no power...you have to un-kink it and you fine...
Ryan001, this is VERY interesting.... I think! You've got an F5? I've got an F7, but I remember seeing that black hose on the bottom of my servo early on in the season and thinking to myself, "What in the heck is that hose for, and what's it do?" Does anyone know for sure? If I remember correctly, mine was/is kinked as well. I forgot all about it until I read your post tonight.

Could you please give a little more detail on your experience with this: How did you discover this kinked hose -- just nosing around, or did someone suggest to check this out? Did you know what it was and what it's supposed to do? Were you having performance problems -- bogging, low end, mid, top end? All you did was un-kinked the hose and it instantly cured your performance problems -- night and day difference???

Thanks for any additional info and feedback you can give on this matter! -- Roy

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
how in the heck is a kinked hose gonna effect an electric servo, the gods are playing with my head again i guess, or all of a sudden electric motors had to be vented, but then again the fuel pump, oh, what the hell do i know

:lol:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Mine was kinked too, but didn't have any affect on the performance. I think it's only a moisture drain hose. Was in the UP a couple days ago and still hit 107 on a trail with sticky snow, at 40 degrees.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing as the above two posts, in how could that hose if it were kinked POSSIBLY affect anything?!?!?!?! But then again, who knows for sure.... seriously, WHO KNOWS... anyone?! So far, the moisture drain makes sense, and if that's the case, I guess it probably shouldn't be kinked one way or another! Ryan001, any more info/details on this??? -- Roy

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry I have been busy racing and forgot about this post. Yes there was a big time mid and top end bog..I was not going fast at all. I thought it was my plugs but no..then I checked the APV's and they were good but while I was looking at the servo I seen that and I un-kinked it and yes..instantly it was running perfect again. The solution is..pull it off the the top kinked part off and cut it off then cut your hose so it is about 1inch long now so it cannot get kinked anymore an you will be fine!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Anyone else know anything at all about this servo "vent(?!)" tube, and what the performance ramifications are should it become kinked?? Was this just a freak fluke that Ryan's sled suddenly started running perfectly again, or is there something to this... Greg? Catmaster?? Anyone??? -- Roy

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Let me get this straight; a vent hose for a device that provides mechanical operation of the valves thru the use of electricity?? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I looked at my F7 and it is kinked also. I don't know what ramifacations it has/will have on performance but...... while I was looking in that area I noticed a connector that was not hooked to anything. It is a 2-way flat connector that has a yellow wire(actually 2 yellow wires into 1) and a brown wire on the other side of the connector that is just sitting there in the same general area as the vent tube and it is not plugged into anything. Upon further inspection, it appears to come out of some sort of 'main' wiring harness..... Anyone else see this and figure out what the heck it is for?? :wacko:
-John

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
just an accessory plug, yellow is off the lights, brown is the ground

1 - 14 of 14 Posts