Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to the dealer (sled's in for the oil pump adjustment) and he said that they just received a new update today stating that all firecats do not meet the minimum (or maximum) standards for noise emission. They didn't know what the fix was yet, but ordered the mod.

Can anyone verify what the fix will be?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
i always thought the sled was on the loud side

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm thinking that mine is a little too quiet! My 600 fires up and drowns this 700. Nice though, but thought it was a little quiet.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Making them slower and slower so they will stop blowing up and breaking. It is just the start for updates already on the 04's. What else will come??

·
Registered
629 Posts
Don't understand this. I own a F7 and a MC 900. The MC 900 is by far louder than the F7.

·
Super Moderator
2,523 Posts
The F7 emits approximately 75db sound pressure - drive-by noise.
The industry maximum, I believe, is 72db.

The test is conducted at WOT at distance of 20 feet.

Chris

·
Registered
485 Posts
My track/ suspension noise drowns out the motor. I thought the motor seems quiet. Listen to an older zrt, now thats loud.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I always thought they were quite...hell, my old z440 was louder. Whenever I watch a F7 race with other sleds, it is drown out and when it makes a run by itself, you can barely hear it.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Iv'e heard some go by me,at different times , not passing me from the rear , but coming at me and They can definetley be heard . They sounded GREAT :D I'm sure they were f 7's not 5's ;The sound was so distinct that I thought to myself that maybe they
had a can on them . They were definetley way into the throttle when they went by,"I haven't seen any one drive one slow yet " LOL And this was about 5 sleds that I am talking about, on different occasions.
The reason I say the amount is that I dont think the 5 out of 5 that I am making reference to all had cans by coincidence. All I know is they sounded real good :D
Jim !!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Originally posted by Jim@Mar 24 2003, 07:11 PM
Iv'e heard some go by me,at different times , not passing me from the rear , but coming at me and They can definetley be heard . They sounded GREAT :D I'm sure they were f 7's not 5's ;The sound was so distinct that I thought to myself that maybe they
had a can on them . They were definetley way into the throttle when they went by,"I haven't seen any one drive one slow yet " LOL And this was about 5 sleds that I am talking about, on different occasions.
The reason I say the amount is that I dont think the 5 out of 5 that I am making reference to all had cans by coincidence. All I know is they sounded real good :D
Jim !!
I suppose our idea of sounding good and theirs are different.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I have heard much lowder stock sleds than the firecats, but the f7 has a pretty nice stock sound to it, much nicer than the f5 anyway.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
got Snow, and davey boy
I'm with you guys all the way.
Jim !!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Originally posted by likkerpig@Mar 24 2003, 01:32 PM
Just talked to the dealer (sled's in for the oil pump adjustment) and he said that they just received a new update today stating that all firecats do not meet the minimum (or maximum) standards for noise emission. They didn't know what the fix was yet, but ordered the mod.

Can anyone verify what the fix will be?
Anybody else hear about this ??

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've always thought Cat had a louder stock exhaust then any of the other companies for the most part, Polaris' are very quiet in my opinion. But personally, I love the loud pitch! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Roostya@Mar 24 2003, 08:44 PM
I've always thought Cat had a louder stock exhaust then any of the other companies for the most part, Polaris' are very quiet in my opinion. But personally, I love the loud pitch! :D
Polaris' are very quiet... that is until you hit the brake. SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine's alot louder now with the MBRP cannister.

Has anyone taken the shield off the primary pipe and welded it themselves .. or has everyone just asked for a new pipe after it cracked?

I want to ceramic coat the stock pipe and manifold but I don't want it to crack so I'll be rewelding all seams.

ceramic coating with keep the head 'inside' the pipe and that will add HP

·
Registered
986 Posts
Ours are a lot quietier than our ZRs were.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts