Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new clutch tool yesterday with no directions. I have figured out the center to center distance, How do I use this tool for offset on a F7? Your response would be great, Thanks Les......

·
Registered
410 Posts
It should be fairly obvious as to the use of this tool. You place it on the back side of the two clutchs. It should ride evenly on both rear surfices, fitting perfectly flat across both at the same time. :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
Whatever the differance is between the two surfaces on the tool, is the proper differance between the back surfaces of the clutchs. The secondary is farther out then the primary. :D

S

·
0 Posts
I saw them using it in the clutching section of the performance manual, is this a Cat part and if so what is the part #

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Put the tool between the primary clutch sheaves and flush against the outside edge (side away from motor) of the secondary clutch. It should be resting on the primary clutch shaft. It should just clear the inside edge of the primary clutch or be within 0.060 in. of it. Add or remove washers behind the secondary as necesary.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Slead head I guess it wasnt so obvious to you :D the last post was correct.I have the same tool bought it from HPE a few years ago. Anyone notice there is no float whatsoever on the F7 secondary?

·
Registered
899 Posts
whoa :wacko: dats funny :blink: for real :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts