Not open for further replies.

New chassis coming for 2024 model year

114K views 1K replies 98 participants last post by  stevem5215 
#1 · (Edited)

Water Sky Automotive lighting Flash photography Astronomical object

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

See less See more
#13 ·
If you like the way the straight on look you get from Doo you like the front end on this sled. The Montana testing the racers did was good and they said it does ride better, but they blew the belly pans off the sled (again.... common issue with the ProCross chassis too) and some other plastics but they got another year to figure that out. The seat also looked very different which is good cause it needed an upgrade, especially for taller riders. Looks like it will be a good package

#15 ·
Is this the place where we all start listing all of the possible things this new platform is supposed to include, so we can come back after it's released and show how disappointed we are in it when it doesn't have everything?

Honestly, I'm thankful they finally got something out there that we can all start pointing to. I just hope that this is not just some marketing job to drum up publicity.

Somehow, it seems like introducing a 650 and 850 would be one of the easiest things they could do. But this alone will not be enough. They have got to at least come up to 2018 standards and include a factory GPS, at least as an option.

I've been reading about Doo's new Gen5 chassis, and from what I read, it's impressive. I especially like the added 4th engine mount to smooth out vibrations at the handlebars.

There has to be something in this new package that we can't get from the other manufacturers. Everybody has been talking about lightweight, mass centralization, and ergonomics for years. What will Cat come up with that we will be the new "must have" feature of a new chassis?

#17 ·
Is this the place where we all start listing all of the possible things this new platform is supposed to include, so we can come back after it's released and show how disappointed we are in it when it doesn't have everything?

Honestly, I'm thankful they finally got something out there that we can all start pointing to. I just hope that this is not just some marketing job to drum up publicity.

Somehow, it seems like introducing a 650 and 850 would be one of the easiest things they could do. But this alone will not be enough. They have got to at least come up to 2018 standards and include a factory GPS, at least as an option.

I've been reading about Doo's new Gen5 chassis, and from what I read, it's impressive. I especially like the added 4th engine mount to smooth out vibrations at the handlebars.

There has to be something in this new package that we can't get from the other manufacturers. Everybody has been talking about lightweight, mass centralization, and ergonomics for years. What will Cat come up with that we will be the new "must have" feature of a new chassis?
"introducing a 680 and 880", there, fixed it for you..
And we saw the early engineering test mules for the GPS screen a long time ago, during the past winter, before the 23 release. Only two more months until we see it unveiled!

#30 ·
Here are quotes from cat:

“The platform is designed to give everyone the ride of their life, with more centralized weight distribution, a lightweight yet strong design and improved ergonomics,” the statement continues. “The platform will span the two-stroke mountain, crossover and trail sled families. Find more information on Arctic Cat’s website and be part of history.”

I hope cat isn’t planning on dropping 4 strokes as it says its for 2 strokes. Mentions nothing about 4 strokes. What will this mean for Yamaha?

#35 ·
It definitely looks like the spindles are smaller. I personally like the higher spindle look as it works and looks great. I found it separated Cats from doo and poo but time will tell.

Reactions: 12meter joe
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.