Hardcore Sledder banner
301 - 320 of 681 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Look at the facts. Not inflation. When the 650 was introduced it was essentially the same MSRP price difference less than 850, that the 800 was the previous year.

Snowmobile.com lists the ProCross 800 at 521 lbs………Matryx 850 at 467 lbs.

Where or how these sleds are 54lbs part is beyond me.

I'm not sure where you got your numbers from but the Polaris website lists the 650 VR1 137 at 476 pounds dry. This is without electric start. Cat doesn't publish weights but at the Old Forge shootout last year the ZR6000 weighed in at 22 pounds more than the skidoo 600R 137. Skidoo lists their sled at 470 pounds dry. So taking the fluids out, the Cat would be 492 pounds dry which is less than a VR1 with comparable electric start.

·
Registered
2017 9000RR / 1997 Puma 340
237 Posts
I think most people would be fine with that, improve the areas needing improvement and bring some new, cool features that make you feel like its worth the $$. No one wants less durability or a fragile sled, but the other guys have done a better job of finding that balance lately. AC is hopefully paying attention to what people want and not playing catch-up forever.

·
Registered
2022 ThunderCat EPS
837 Posts
Your opinion. That's fine. I will take strength over tinfoil anyday myself. My opinion.
I have MAD respect for people who can tell a 5 to 10% difference in the weight of a snowmobile🙄(same chassis), that's a highly tuned individual. Same goes for the guy that can tell the difference between 34.5 psi and 35psi in their street bike tires🙄. All I know is that they all feel like a pallet of bricks when they're buried to the handlebars.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Manufacturers are using lighter materials and getting much better at knowing where things need to be beefed up and/or where they have wasted material. Alot has changed since 2012. A sled can still be durable while losing a few lbs. If not, id have totaled out a couple matryx and axys sleds by now.

Let's not complain about something that we haven't even seen yet.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Manufacturers are using lighter materials and getting much better at knowing where things need to be beefed up and/or where they have wasted material. Alot has changed since 2012. A sled can still be durable while losing a few lbs. If not, id have totaled out a couple matryx and axys sleds by now.

Let's not complain about something that we haven't even seen yet.
Correct, it's called FEA:

Finite Element Analysis - Definition

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I think it’s going to be totally different. They have to get rid of the disaster torque control link engine mount design that has plagued them with issues since 2012 introduction. Using your driveline as an engine mount is a horrible idea. Also they lost the lawsuit to ski doo for copying the rev chassis design and procross was banned at one point of time in Canada until they came to an agreement (lynx name? Building kids sleds for doo?). But imagine they want to move on from the infringing chassis

·
Registered
172 Posts
Spy photos 2024 Arctic Cat sleds - YouTube
I sure hope this isn't a sneak view of the new Cat....oh my
That is a G4 Doo photo shopped. Nothing more, nothing less.
I think it’s going to be totally different. They have to get rid of the disaster torque control link engine mount design that has plagued them with issues since 2012 introduction. Using your driveline as an engine mount is a horrible idea. Also they lost the lawsuit to ski doo for copying the rev chassis design and procross was banned at one point of time in Canada until they came to an agreement (lynx name? Building kids sleds for doo?). But imagine they want to move on from the infringing chassis
Disastrous? It works great now! Fully developed! Weird statement if you ask me.

301 - 320 of 681 Posts