Hardcore Sledder banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
When the F-series came out in 2007 did Arctic Cat use terms such as "revolutionary" and "ground breaking" to describe it? Just curious, I wasn't around back then.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The curent digital gauge has to go. I don't expect a fancy GPS but the old analog / digital combination gauge was nicer than the all digital unit. They could bring that back for the base unit.

Be careful what you wish for. The 7S display is something like a $1,200 option.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have the app, but my Garmin and VV mapping was more accurate and the turn by turn was better. Maybe the trail system? Poor cell service to say the least.
On Ride Command app you can download the map before you head out. So all you need is GPS signal. I'm not saying Ride Command is the best, but it's completely free.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Not really, it affects the labor and JIT build standards when a single part isn't available.

It's a big reason poo deliveries were delayed last year.
Poo didn't even have oil caps or exhaust sensors. Or tracks or gauges. I think those were the biggest issues. The previous year it was shocks. So the customization is some extra work yes but someone painting spindles and rails, they don't care if they shoot red vs black. The paint cost is the same and customers pay an extra $200.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Have you personally purchased a new Doo recently and had that happen to you...My experience when I bought my Gade last year was far from what you posted...
Yes I purchased a 2022 XRS gade 600R. It was offered with exactly zero options. I wasn't referring to dealers, but BRP itself. I can of course buy any model that the dealer offers. But none were what I really wanted.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The promo said "revolutionary" and "ground breaking" so I'm thinking maybe a tube chassis, 14.5" track so that the tunnel can be more narrow, maybe a new version of the diamond drive. They said lower center of gravity... to me the sleds in the leaked pictures look like they have higher centers of gravity :cautious:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Question. If the new cats use cast modular bullheads and glue as part of the new digs a a lightweight platform like doo and poo use will it’s still be called junk by the cat loyal ? Or will it now be considered industry standard modern tech ?
I think the copied ergo's will be more interesting to hear about.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
If this new sled looks fantastic, is assembled with the tolerances and refinement that is expected in 2024 and offers some great new innovation in the skid as well as some other new features, I think it can be HIGHLY successful.
If Cat releases this sled with a 50+ pound weight savings over the G5 Ski Doo (assuming their 600 will be with G5 in 2024) I'd take the sled with lighter weight and more soul every time.
You're asking for a lot.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I think the Cougar picture is straight photoshop. Why would they show 2 sleds, but one missing half the graphics? The hoods look like a hot crop/paste mess.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The Polaris 650 is actually priced at the old 800 level. So comparing it to 800's seems fair to me. It's basically the 850 engine with smaller pistons, right? It's a heavy sled too. Heavier than the old 800 and also heavier than a Procross.

I think the current 600 c-tec in a significantly lighter chassis would be nice enough. But not if it's priced at Skidoo level.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.