Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been posted yet. Cat's new clutch has the weight fastened to the pin and the pin rides in a bushing on either side in the clutch itself. Looks like a very durable design.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Is that clutch going on all models, or is it just to complement the new secondary in the 900dd and the 660turbo?

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,042 Posts
Just got back from the show, all the sleds have this new style of bushing/pin set up. The 700 cc sleds on up have a dampner on the clutch also...
The new bushing/pin set up is suppose to go 5000 miles without a clutch kit.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Davey_Boy,

I think it has more to do with longevity of the primary clutch and not so much to do with how it actually 'runs'(unless of-course it explodes and your sled will no longer be operational until repared/replaced :) )

What I'm curious about is I want to know some way I can look, touch, feel, ect... so that I know that I need to throw a repair kit(Cam Arm Kit - (inc. 5, 6, 8, and 9) in the parts listing.. pins, weight bushings, nut, and small washer/shims). Is this the kit you all are refering to??
Thanks!
-John

·
Registered
60 Posts
when a clutch (primary) need's a rebuild , the clutch well start to make a
raddling noise at idle. Kind of a high pitch raddle, very noticable. If you can, start a new one at a dealer, then compare to your's. what I believe the raddle is the weight bushing is wore out! Anybodys have any thoughts this.

·
Registered
606 Posts
If you wait until you here rattling you are accelerating the wear of the bushings in the moveable shieve and the cover. Cat cam or weight arm bushings almost ALWAYS are worn out between 1000 - 1500 miles. By keeping fresh bushings and pins in this clutch you can greatly extend the life of the other bushings in the clutch which are the only parts that wear other than the buttons on the spider.

By keeping the cam bushings tight the clutch stays in better balance. It is the slop from worn cam bushings that causes the clutch to vibrate and start wearing the other parts of the clutch out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts