Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
My last pair was Coldwave, but they weren't very durable. I just bought a new pair of Castles, and I really like them so far. You can't go wrong with Cat bibs either, they are good stuff. It sounds like you will want Gore-tex or equivalent. Look closely at the labels, some only put waterproof material in the butt, and not the whole bib.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Money no object buy the Klims. Look on snowest for some of the dealers out there that will give a price break. 300 or so for a pair but they are goretex and have great customer service[/b]
I don't know how tall the original poster is, but Klim does not carry tall sizes, so some of us can't even consider them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My dad wears klim, 6'2", and wears the XXL pant. I'm pretty sure the only size difference between XL and XXL is waist anyway. I've tried them already and i'm 6'3 and they work great. The next time I buy a snowmbiling outfit it is deffinately going to be klim.

·
Registered
999 Posts
arctic cat has nice gear and it comes in sizes up to 5x plus it will match your sled. they have gore-tex or a-tex-(which is arctic cat's equivilant to gore-tex). alot of dealers sell stuff at a discount on-line. I just ordered new arctic gear myself.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
klim extreme's. same as togwotee but dont go up as high. i dont like high front bibs

·
Registered
566 Posts
I don't know how tall the original poster is, but Klim does not carry tall sizes, so some of us can't even consider them.[/b]

Klim does have tall sizes. I bought a pair of extreme bibs in the fall. Mine are large tall and I have a 34 inch inseam. Can't wait to try them because I have found gortex to be very effective at keeping you dry. They also have knee pads built in to the bibs. They are pricey but very well built.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Klim does have tall sizes. I bought a pair of extreme bibs in the fall. Mine are large tall and I have a 34 inch inseam. Can't wait to try them because I have found gortex to be very effective at keeping you dry. They also have knee pads built in to the bibs. They are pricey but very well built.[/b]

I stand corrected. I went to their site, and they do have tall bibs now (they did not the last time I checked at a sled show). However, it appears that they still don't carry tall jackets. Their salesman at the show tried to tell me "they are made extra long, we don't need to carry talls". So I tried one on, and it was several inches too short in the sleeves. :banghead:

And I agree on the GoreTex...one of the best inventions ever :div20:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts