Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the person whose post I read about AC replacing his power cables with a sealed type that is going to be used on the 04's under warranty or anyone else that has had this done already!!! Just want to confirm so when I talk to my dealer I have the right information so when he says he hasn't heard anything like that I can verify it!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Straight from GLS; redf5sp.
Yes I'm aware, and 2004 is being corrected with a redesign of valve stem with a seal. I can't give you any more detail right now,as were still finalizing. As it stands right now, the 2004 components would fit 2003.

No one has yet to see them,or post that they have.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
But he also said or someone said that the F7's came with these gaskets installed already, so, are the cables the same from the F7 to the F5? Can we simply install a set of F7 cables with these gaskets?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Somethings fishy here,just looked at Browns microfiche and both the F7 cable and F5 cable show the same part number,why would the 7's have o rings installed and not the 5's,unless browns is wrong?I would think they would be the same length cable and mount in the same fashion

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
My new cables for both f5s are at dealer(Falls action sports) in abrams wisconsin-came in last week-according to my dealer or todd the mechanic i deal with these are supposed to be the new sealed ones.They couldnt get me in last thursday or friday and now that i got a new seat coming for my wifes sled(Front corners on seat,vinyl wore through to plastic on both corners)i figured i would wait until new seat or vinyl cover is here and get everthing done at once-I didnt ask for a new part number but i guess i could??In hindsight,i got to snowmobile once from my house here in wisconsin-The trails for the most part are done around here and im getting sick of trailering up to the u.p.-2000 miles on wifes sled-800 on black one-(99% trailering-3 hour drive each way to snow and motels)Whats my point-I asked the dealer if i could install them myself and they said because its warranty work they had to do it-i guess im not pushing the issue because im losing interest in trailering every weekend-Would of been nice that cat figured there was a problem in december not the end of february!!!!I guess when my seat shows up and they are installed will know for sure-maybe the outdoor shop has a new part number??????Or i guess i could call and see what the part number is???Scott-Wisconsin snow sucks the past three years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Originally posted by bee1971@Feb 24 2003, 03:52 PM
Wisconsin snow sucks the past three years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sad,but true. I remember times with 4 foot on the ground,now we struggle to keep 4 inches :wacko:

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Red-your right about the same part numbers on f7 and f5 apv cables-but isnt it kind of ironic that not one f7 owner has complained about oil or moisture in cables and cables falling off servo motor????F7 owners complain about the cables not being adjusted properly but thats about it.My dealer when he contacted cat about the oil in apv cables about a few days before gls answered your question-cat told my dealer that all f7s had sealed apv cables and some f5s had sealed cables,mostly late build f5s-Maybe the manufacture of the cables realized they screwed up and all cables where supposed to be sealed?????Maybe cat doesnt want another bulletin or recall on f5 apv cables?????Who knows,but my dealer has assured me that these are sealed cables-maybe there off the f7, if there the same part number its kind of confusing!!!!!Honestly dont have a answer here but the 04 f6 has the same part number also-scott-i guess they could have fixed the problem and kept the same part number-maybe date coded-certain date coded cables where bad???damn im fishing now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Bee,I wonder if the f7's have the same cycle pattern as the 5's.I havn't had a probem with mine lately but when I start mine in the morning I dont let the rpms get over 2000 and the servo motor doesn't cycle until the sled is warmed up and I pick up the backend for a cleanout and the revs go past 2000.With the efi theres no need to touch the throttle at start up so the motor heat might come into play by releasing the cables before the servo cycles,if the servo motor even cycles at all?could this be part of the problem ?

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
No the f7s dont cycle on start up-your right,if you let your f5 cycle when its very cold out,another word tap the throttle for self clean mode,and its cold out thats when they stick and slack up and usually will come off servo-like you said if you let it warm up and dont tap the throttle for self clean,everthing seems to free up once the sled is warmed up and everything seems fine- i guess thats why i keep my servo covers off now,so i know exactly whats going on during very cold mornings because thats where the problem is-but in hindsight if we didnt have this oil gumming up our cables??????Do you know of any f7 owners having oil getting into there apv cables???????I would like to know if you do.F7s will only cycle about 7000 rpms and by that time there engine is probably warmed up,but would still like to know if oil is getting into cables-scott-remember cat put those vent covers and hoses for the oil residue apvs on all the zrs for a reason-Why not on the firecats??????

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Your right about the 7's not really having problems ,but look at how lean most of them are turning out to be,some still at 70-1 after the oil pump adj.While the 5's have been on the opposite side,being pig rich.yours was at 25-1,right?thats almost three times the oil as the 7's were using at 70-1.Yours has since been corrected to 60-1 which should help,I would think.Have you had problems with the cables after the oil adjustment?Did you relube the cables with anything,if so what?Did you clean the valves also,I can t remember?After servicing mine and relubing with seafoam,they have been flawless for 800 or so miles

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have had nothing but problems with my F5 snow pro cables and my dealer doesn't know SQUAT!! I keep asking them about this and that and they say they will call Artic cat and the deal rep claims they don't have any probems with the F5's, the cables that your talking about I put a new set in that were supposed to be the new/better and they are the same ones that they had in.
I cleaned my power valves and put new cables on, here is what I beleive is the problem with the F5 verses F7: On the parts image look at part #21 for the F5 now look at the part #21 for the F7 they are different the F7 has a oil seal in the exhaust valve plate, I believe without that seal in the F5 that is what is getting our cables all gummed up.
Let's all get together and keep on Artic Cat reps to get this solved!!!!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Ryan,you may be on to something there with the seals.I looked also and do believe that would help.I wonder if the parts are interchangeable between the 5&7's valves.The cables may not be the problem,looks like the plate and seal are what needs to be changed.Hmm...

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Well that makes sense-gls said a design change in valve stem and seal!!!Looking at that picture the exhaust valve stem would go through that seal preventing any oil from getting to cable period-Well that would throw the whole cable theory right out the window!!!!Looks like we need new cables,plates,and seals-Whats the chances of getting these covered under warranty-will be talking to my dealer and showing the mechanics the micro fische and hopefully get some answers soon-thanx guys-will get this figured out soon i hope,probably around june-scott

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Originally posted by bee1971@Feb 24 2003, 05:07 PM
Do you know of any f7 owners having oil getting into there apv cables???????I would like to know if you do.F7s will only cycle about 7000 rpms and by that time there engine is probably warmed up,but would still like to know if oil is getting into cables
No oil in cables, but mine do cycle at low revs. Not sure exactly but guessing around 3000-3500 after first start up. Checked the other day, started machine, let it idle for a few seconds then flipped the throttle quickly. Servo cycled once, same results everytime I shut it off.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Thanx-most guys i talked to said theres didnt cycle at startup-they said they had to bring the rpms up to 7000 rpms so this is new to me as i dont own a f7-also thanks on letting me know that there is no oil getting into cables-why my dealer is blowing smoke up my ass about sealed cables,when actually looking at the micro fishe that a few brought up yesterday-The seals appear to be in the valve plate on f6 and f7-Why they didnt do this on f5 will be a mystery-So now looking at the problem im back to square one-Hope cat makes the parts available for us 03 owners at no cost but im not holding my breath-looks like i would be wasting my time just getting cables installed when i really need the new plates with seals-scott-THANX GUYS FOR BRINGING THIS STUFF TO MY ATTENTION

1 - 15 of 15 Posts