Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen 2 new Polaris sleds at Babbits they just listed today. Not sure which models, but at least they getting them out.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
18 k sled by the time they tax prep and so on... not the premium level trim for that sled either. 2 yr warranty I assume not a four yr. I’m glad I hung on to my 22 snowcheck only sled order even though it came in late. Likely was the last time to get that much sled for the money! It’s safe to say on average the same sled for 23 ( excluding boost models) went up 2k .

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
7,192 Posts
Polaris needs a body style change.
The Fusion appeared briefly in 2005-06, then the rename/reconfigure to the IQ started in 2006.
The Pro-Ride came out in 2010 with the 600 Pro-Ride Rush
Axyx started with Flatland sleds in 2015
Matryx started with Flatland sleds in 2021

, So Polaris has been running about a 5 year cycle for new body/chassis introduction.

Reactions: jmaxdox

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
Didn't mean they were bad looking, just continuing the almost same looking chassis for years and years gets old, imo time for a body change.
Thats a complete body revamp 2 years ago.
Until the triangular bodies go out of style thats what all the brands will keep building.
Its not my favorite styling but triangles and squares are whats in right now with everything including the ugly boxy trucks everybody loves right now.
I personally cant wait til shit gets aerodynamic again.

·
Vendor
11,289 Posts
Jesus Christ. edge really? slowest tuning sled they made. couldn't win a sno-x or xc with that turd. just a tad bit better ride then a wedge chassis. good riddance. from the pro-ride up any one of those years are light years ahead in ride and handling. good sled in it's day. antique now.

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,158 Posts
Come on man, you gotta admit the edge is still better looking.
No not for me. I'd rather have a 90s wedge for looks. Although I did like the orange pro x 2. I rode the kids IQ 600 a few times last year. Holy cow does that feel antiquated compared to an Axys or Matryx!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have no complaints with the suspension i've setup, and tuned in my edge. It rides smoother than most iq chassis i've tried, and handles much better. It took a while to get there, its not like the very latest iron, but i'm real happy with it.
And with the cost of the new iron, are they that much better? I think not, you still have 2skis , a track and a motor to get out and see some beautiful snow covered scenes.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I have no complaints with the suspension i've setup, and tuned in my edge. It rides smoother than most iq chassis i've tried, and handles much better. It took a while to get there, its not like the very latest iron, but i'm real happy with it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts