Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Its a bit hard to tell, but the roof is slightly less wide than the floor. The sides of the trailer arent a straight 90 degree. They tilt inwards slightly.

The picture where the camera is looking in from the front with the rear door/ramp closed. Check out the 2 ski guides on the outsides of the ramp. They arent parallel to the rest of the ski guides and traction pads.

Heres a better picture from the rear. Look at the interior walls, you can kind of see they are tilted inwards. View attachment 2122131
Got it. So that helps with aerodynamics??

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Got it. So that helps with aerodynamics??
It's supposed to. Less frontal surface area means less drag. How much less drag? I have no idea. The other thing that does is makes it a bit easier to see around with mirrors.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's supposed to. Less frontal surface area means less drag. How much less drag? I have no idea. The other thing that does is makes it a bit easier to see around with mirrors.
It sounds cool anyway.

I had a 2 place clam shell a few years back. Guess quite a few years now. Think felt like a parachute even when empty.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It sounds cool anyway.

I had a 2 place clam shell a few years back. Guess quite a few years now. Think felt like a parachute even when empty.
Yeah I can still tell its got drag for sure. But the truck was still in 9th gear on the highway in tow haul mode.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Now you get to stare at that trailer for a few months. Any mods planned for it?

I ordered one a few days ago. Debating putting something on the floor to help protect it like Thompson's water seal but it's already marine grade plywood with a lifetime warranty. Might be overkill.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Now you get to stare at that trailer for a few months. Any mods planned for it?

I ordered one a few days ago. Debating putting something on the floor to help protect it like Thompson's water seal but it's already marine grade plywood with a lifetime warranty. Might be overkill.
Yeah I love looking at it! I was going to do more interior lights, but I went out the other day this week to plug the trailer in. And that single light is way brighter than I expected. So no lights this year. I suspect a few lights in the back will be useful when the sleds are in the trailer, but that can wait until I try it.

I want to build 2 boxes in front of each sled between the skis, utilizing that space in the nose of the the trailer for storage. Jacks, tools, oil juggs.

Then add a few hangers in the trailer for the times we change in the trailer.

A broom. Lol I know awesome mod.

My dad mentioned insulating it for the possible camping in it for the winter. We used to do that with his trailer. But no way in hell would my wife ever do that. Plus the bare aluminum keeps it bright.

As far as the floor. When I do the garage floor I'll probably accidentally have too much and use it for the floor in the trailer lol. A girl at my office said her and her husband did that and its awesome.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
for miods?
I highly recommend adding back up lights if it doesn't have them already, once you have a trailer with them you will never want one that doesn't have them!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yeah I love looking at it! I was going to do more interior lights, but I went out the other day this week to plug the trailer in. And that single light is way brighter than I expected. So no lights this year. I suspect a few lights in the back will be useful when the sleds are in the trailer, but that can wait until I try it.

I want to build 2 boxes in front of each sled between the skis, utilizing that space in the nose of the the trailer for storage. Jacks, tools, oil juggs.

Then add a few hangers in the trailer for the times we change in the trailer.

A broom. Lol I know awesome mod.

My dad mentioned insulating it for the possible camping in it for the winter. We used to do that with his trailer. But no way in hell would my wife ever do that. Plus the bare aluminum keeps it bright.

As far as the floor. When I do the garage floor I'll probably accidentally have too much and use it for the floor in the trailer lol. A girl at my office said her and her husband did that and its awesome.

View attachment 2122214
View attachment 2122215
Nice. Make sure you put a good coat of sealant or wax on it to help protect it from the sun/etc.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
another great add on if you never thought of this, is motion activated lights inside trailer, over just switch on/off one's
as loading at night its nice to have things light up as you enter the trailer and well, never have to worry about forgetting to shut the lights off
as they shut off on there own after a while of no motion !

·
Registered
19SKS850,17Assault815BCX.13BCX,to96XCR6;-} Six Star:Lodge At HWL
252 Posts
Yeah I can still tell its got drag for sure. But the truck was still in 9th gear on the highway in tow haul mode.
I have found hauling my ProStarr Bullet 16ft trailer in tow haul the transmission runs alot hotter. Take truck out of tow haul and trans drops to almost normal temps. Truck very seldom shifts out of 10th gear at 77-78 mph on expressway. I had Triton 2 place clam shells before this trailer, and Tritons stick out alot farther on the sides. Very big difference when hauling. ProStarr is 300lbs heavier but goes threw the air so much better. ProStarr is as wide as the truck is. Hauling with a Ford Ecoboost and truck does not run big boost number when trailer is hooked as well.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have found hauling my ProStarr Bullet 16ft trailer in tow haul the transmission runs alot hotter. Take truck out of tow haul and trans drops to almost normal temps. Truck very seldom shifts out of 10th gear at 77-78 mph on expressway. I had Triton 2 place clam shells before this trailer, and Tritons stick out alot farther on the sides. Very big difference when hauling. ProStarr is 300lbs heavier but goes threw the air so much better. ProStarr is as wide as the truck is. Hauling with a Ford Ecoboost and truck does not run big boost number when trailer is hooked as well.
I just ordered a bullet. Looking forward to it. I've been. Looking at trailers for over two years and finally settled on one. How are you liking it?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks for the information. I'll be sure to try normal mode and watch those temps.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I just ordered a bullet. Looking forward to it. I've been. Looking at trailers for over two years and finally settled on one. How are you liking it?
I as well shopped different trailers for what works for me and this was the best I could find. I am impressed with the tow of trailer and seems constructed very well. I didnt want a tall trailer as I am not hanging out inside it. I didnt need dual axles as I am not hauling that kind of weight. I was looking for efficient and function for what I use it for. Was alittle pain to find tie down eyelets that fit channel from the company but finally managed talking to a very nice lady that hooked me up. I also picked up spare tire hardware that mounts inside door on the left. Very nice fit for sure. My biggest concern is where the License plate is located, its very low under the trailer. I have bend up plate backing into certain drives. I am looking into relocating this issue for sure. I can put 2 sport quads and a sportsman in it with no issue. I have measured for snowmobiles and looks like should fit perfectly.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I as well shopped different trailers for what works for me and this was the best I could find. I am impressed with the tow of trailer and seems constructed very well. I didnt want a tall trailer as I am not hanging out inside it. I didnt need dual axles as I am not hauling that kind of weight. I was looking for efficient and function for what I use it for. Was alittle pain to find tie down eyelets that fit channel from the company but finally managed talking to a very nice lady that hooked me up. I also picked up spare tire hardware that mounts inside door on the left. Very nice fit for sure. My biggest concern is where the License plate is located, its very low under the trailer. I have bend up plate backing into certain drives. I am looking into relocating this issue for sure. I can put 2 sport quads and a sportsman in it with no issue. I have measured for snowmobiles and looks like should fit perfectly.
Nice. I felt the same way, it looks high quality and is a good value compared to trailers like the triton Tc167. I'll definitely check out the licence plate location when I get it. I ordered mine with electric brakes for added safety. Can you let me know what the eyelet brand is?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nice. I felt the same way, it looks high quality and is a good value compared to trailers like the triton Tc167. I'll definitely check out the licence plate location when I get it. I ordered mine with electric brakes for added safety. Can you let me know what the eyelet brand is?

Actually called D-rings, I sent you a pm with info.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Very nice investment. Muscle D. Lower roof heights are for clearing snow easily. Any higher and we'd all need ladders. The tapered sides are great. Otherwise true tow mirrors are a must. This will be my next trailer. You've shown the quality in the build. Thanks for the very informative review. See you on the trails.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I got a few things in place on the trailer. The broom was too tall so its in place diagonally. Those baskets I got at menards to hold some tools and oil juggs fit in them perfectly. You cant see them but I got some hooks to hang things.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Shade Automotive tire Building

Vehicle Track Road surface Rolling stock Motor vehicle

Mousetrap Gas Tool Road surface Auto part

·
Registered
526 Posts
Nice. Patiently awaiting for my trailer to arrive and plan on doing something similar.

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
174 Posts
Baskets are a great idea. Going to look into that.

Got my Hybrid a couple weeks ago. Just finished two coats of Valspar Porch and Patio Grip paint on the floor. Should help alot with traction. Also adding some additional Caliber stuff.

Final touch will be the truck bed LED's I got from Amazon. Comes in 3 -- 5' strips and includes a fuse, on/off switch, hardware. Going to connect to trailer lights for power but also have a disconnect to allow to connect a battery in the trailer if not connected to truck. Should be good for the occasional camping or working.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Baskets are a great idea. Going to look into that.

Got my Hybrid a couple weeks ago. Just finished two coats of Valspar Porch and Patio Grip paint on the floor. Should help alot with traction. Also adding some additional Caliber stuff.

Final touch will be the truck bed LED's I got from Amazon. Comes in 3 -- 5' strips and includes a fuse, on/off switch, hardware. Going to connect to trailer lights for power but also have a disconnect to allow to connect a battery in the trailer if not connected to truck. Should be good for the occasional camping or working.
Yeah I figured menards should have something I can put trailer tools and old jugs into. 15 bucks each for some steel baskets. I grabbed some flat brackets with screws for like 2 bucks for the bracket. Bent them a bit to clear/clamp the basket to the floor.

My plan now is to take some scrap metal or wood and cut them into a triangle and put them in front of the baskets to where the wood ends. Just for additional Storage in the front there. I dont think there is much else to do for the trailer now.

I can't wait to use it!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts