Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To make life easier on me and the sleds I picked up this new Mission crossover trailer. 12 ft long. I havent seen much reviews on the newest version of these trailers. Just from several years ago. It appears they have always improved these trailers and in my opinion I think it shows.

Towing it home was very comfortable unloaded. The sides are angled inward a few degrees. That might not equate to much in mpgs in the real world, but it cant hurt. It makes seeing the side of the trailer easier with my stock non tow mirrors on my f150. It has huge mirrors though. I can just see the sides of the trailer in the mirrors. I had no issues backing up my driveway to its spot.

The trailer harness is easy to pull out with the finger loop at the end. A nice touch. The wiring is in full loom everywhere, including inside the trailer. Different sizes for different ammount of wires. Wiring goes inside the trailier framing and right into the trailer to keep it out of the elements.

All led lights are very bright. And plenty of them too.

The trailer is sealed up, not just pannels in place. Nice ammount of silicone/sealer at all the joining pieces, including where the floor meets the wall.

The wood on the side of the trailer is half inch thick. The caliber products are awesome. I wont have to worry about falling on my ass walking up and down the ramp. The side guides are huge. Thats a nice touch and thats a pretty new product from caliber. I did the math and thats about 600 USD in caliber products in there. Tie downs are a good inbetween from super clamps and the ones that you have to crank ALL they way down through the deck to the bottom each use. I like them. The front opening is large and easy access.

I did have the front opening door locking mechanism fall out of its key when I got it home. Its just a set screw squeezing flat metal that keeps it from dropping out. Nothing a little divot with a drill and lock tite couldnt fix. I wish I didnt have to do that on a new trailer, but its minor. Works perfectly now.

Rear door/ramp cable help is strong. Closing it I have to pull back to keep it from slamming shut. But it make for picking it up easy as pie.

Overall it's a solid trailer. Standing on the deck and closing the doors it never felt like it was weak in any way. It pulled really nice unloaded. Quiet too.

All the hinges have grease zerks for easy greasing. It has ez grease hubs. These trailers had slight hail damage to the roofs. I had a hard time seeing it on this one. They threw in the spare tire and a mount for free. I mounted the tire on the floor in and it will sit under the sled. The mount I got actually just barely fits in the tie down track and works for that perfectly. You get 4 moveable D rings that go in the track with a new, nice Allen bit to move them around. Interior dome light has 2 switches, one at the front, and at the side door. Big easy to push with gloves on buttons.

A few things to consider with the tapered walls, both my sleds are pull start. Mine is harder to pull over than my wifes 600. So I have to always remember to keep her sled on the right side with the recoil facing the wall. On a cold morning I need alot of room to crank my sled over. I decided against putting shelves in this trailer. I think it will be too tight. I put some baskets mounted to the floors in the front of the sleds instead. My wife is 5'2" and can stand up in the trailer just fine with a few inches to spare. I cannot.

I really just want to load the sleds in it but I dont want to look like a phsyco on the block loading sleds in the summer. LOL. I'm ready for snow. I will be adding storage and tools and some other accessories inside the trailer before winter.

Edit: the light inside is very bright. Way better than I expected. I added a few new pictures.

It has dexter easy grease axles. So it has a grease fitting that pumps grease through the spindle and behind the inner bearing and pushes the old grease all the way through the outer bearings. Very slick. The bearings were manually packed, but no excess. The first time pumping it took alot of grease.

None of the grease fitting at the hinges were greased either! Not a big deal, but could have been a problem.

White Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Blue Fluid Plastic bottle Bottle Gas

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
180 Posts
Great review! Thanks for this info and the pics. I was looking at Mission here in Ontario but ended up putting an order in on a different brand in the same dimensions as yours. Your comment about the tapered nose peaked my interest though and has me questioning my decision because my neighbour has the same one that I ordered and its a bitch to back up because it's square and it makes it impossible to see the back corners of the trailer until its too late. Sounds like Mission has done it right.
First thing I'm going to do is add lots of interior LED light strips to mine. OEM lights are just way too dim.

Congrats again.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great review! Thanks for this info and the pics. I was looking at Mission here in Ontario but ended up putting an order in on a different brand in the same dimensions as yours. Your comment about the tapered nose peaked my interest though and has me questioning my decision because my neighbour has the same one that I ordered and its a bitch to back up because it's square and it makes it impossible to see the back corners of the trailer until its too late. Sounds like Mission has done it right.
First thing I'm going to do is add lots of interior LED light strips to mine. OEM lights are just way too dim.

Congrats again.
Thanks! I saw that tapered sides and thats kind of why I went this route. It showed some innovation and usually that means good things. Usually. Lol more lights are for sure in the works!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What was the cost? Nice trailer!
Almost 6k exactly after licensing and tax in MN. The hail damage helped the price a bit.

I was watching these trailers all summer and they havent moved. But I knew once August hits, snowmobilers get antsy. They sold 2 that morning and when we were leaving a couple came in asking a salesman about the same trailer. So good thing we went.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nice looking trailer and that is a great price considering the accessories. Many people say the hybrid trailers pull like parachutes so maybe tapered sides makes a bigger difference than you think? What is the width at the top? The bottom should be 8.5 feet wide. If the top is 7' then you basically split the difference between a side-by-side and an inline trailer, as far as wind resistance goes.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice ride. I've been watching trailer prices for the last few years and they have done nothing but go up.
Thanks. Yeah. Demand is up and supply is low. Never helps the price. I looked in other states and these trailers were up to 1000 dollars more in some places. And when I looked for used, they were about 4500 or more for a newish one. Ive had used trailers before and they all needed more work than I was prepared for. I figured my luck id put 5 to 700 bucks into it lol. This type of trailer popularity is growing quick. No one wants to get rid of them.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice looking trailer and that is a great price considering the accessories. Many people say the hybrid trailers pull like parachutes so maybe tapered sides makes a bigger difference than you think? What is the width at the top? The bottom should be 8.5 feet wide. If the top is 7' then you basically split the difference between a side-by-side and an inline trailer, as far as wind resistance goes.
Yeah I mean the cross sectional area is smaller than it would be. So that alone helps in drag reduction. So it probably accounts for more than I think. I can tell it creates some good drag. Tow haul mode is very useful for towing this.

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,390 Posts
Nice pickup! The hybrids are nice, no covers and no tilt!
Very nice that the trailer had all the caliber goodies. They definitely add up in price.
One other recommended addition is the Edge glides 2.0 on the ramp/floor transition. Not sure how much gap you have there. The glides make a nice transition, and also keep the snow out of the gap. You do not have to use a broom to brush out the snow/ice before you lift the ramp.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thanks. Yeah. Demand is up and supply is low. Never helps the price. I looked in other states and these trailers were up to 1000 dollars more in some places. And when I looked for used, they were about 4500 or more for a newish one. Ive had used trailers before and they all needed more work than I was prepared for. I figured my luck id put 5 to 700 bucks into it lol. This type of trailer popularity is growing quick. No one wants to get rid of them.
Yep, I think I'm going to pick up an inline hybrid 7x16 soon. The used prices are not worth it at all. I don't want someone else's neglect. I'd rather have new and know exactly how it was taken care of.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks! I saw that tapered sides and thats kind of why I went this route. It showed some innovation and usually that means good things. Usually. Lol more lights are for sure in the works!
Maybe dumb question - what do you mean by tapered sides? I can't tell from the pictures.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe dumb question - what do you mean by tapered sides? I can't tell from the pictures.
Its a bit hard to tell, but the roof is slightly less wide than the floor. The sides of the trailer arent a straight 90 degree. They tilt inwards slightly.

The picture where the camera is looking in from the front with the rear door/ramp closed. Check out the 2 ski guides on the outsides of the ramp. They arent parallel to the rest of the ski guides and traction pads.

Heres a better picture from the rear. Look at the interior walls, you can kind of see they are tilted inwards.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
very nice
cannot see, but if the axle is NOT a galvanized one, the time to coat it with something good is now while new and clean!
all the more so where the mounts are at least as that is always the first spot to get eaten by rust!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
very nice
cannot see, but if the axle is NOT a galvanized one, the time to coat it with something good is now while new and clean!
all the more so where the mounts are at least as that is always the first spot to get eaten by rust!
Thats exactly the plan!! I'll be doing the truck every season too. So I'll have stuff for it.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Thats exactly the plan!! I'll be doing the truck every season too. So I'll have stuff for it.
I;m a big fan of using POR 15, its pretty awesome stuff for stopping rust once its started, but on clean bare NEW metal
I have been told this stuff is a great product

I just bought a case(9 cans) to try on a few things(just had 10k in rust repair done to my truck,.(2016 ram 2500) so using this to try and get the new replaced parts ti last longer that OEM had it)
I applied this RP 342 of my truck yesterday, it goes on easy and leaves a decent coat in once coat, but plan to do two as suggested!
I wish I had this stuff when truck was new, I think I would have done the whole undercarriage with it including filling the frame best I could!

as rust is a terrible thing in the road salt belt

Just found my side steps on truck, the bolts holding it on(4 yrs old) 4 of the 9 bolts are eaten down to NOTHING, and the way they were designed from factory there welded on side the dam frame, so NO way to get to them to replace without removing the cab body panel?
rust sucks! and these dam trucks cost WAY too much to be ruined so fast IMO, almost a dam crime, should be able to sue DOT for the damages there salt causes!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I;m a big fan of using POR 15, its pretty awesome stuff for stopping rust once its started, but on clean bare NEW metal
I have been told this stuff is a great product

I just bought a case(9 cans) to try on a few things(just had 10k in rust repair done to my truck,.(2016 ram 2500) so using this to try and get the new replaced parts ti last longer that OEM had it)
I applied this RP 342 of my truck yesterday, it goes on easy and leaves a decent coat in once coat, but plan to do two as suggested!
I wish I had this stuff when truck was new, I think I would have done the whole undercarriage with it including filling the frame best I could!

as rust is a terrible thing in the road salt belt

Just found my side steps on truck, the bolts holding it on(4 yrs old) 4 of the 9 bolts are eaten down to NOTHING, and the way they were designed from factory there welded on side the dam frame, so NO way to get to them to replace without removing the cab body panel?
rust sucks! and these dam trucks cost WAY too much to be ruined so fast IMO, almost a dam crime, should be able to sue DOT for the damages there salt causes!
Thanks for the input dude! I'm always open to hear about good products!

My truck must have had it done new. The frame is still black. Just a few tiny starts to some surface rust. So I need to coat it again. Why couldnt something else be used on the road. Why does salt have to be the winner for taking down ice lol.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Thanks for the input dude! I'm always open to hear about good products!

My truck must have had it done new. The frame is still black. Just a few tiny starts to some surface rust. So I need to coat it again. Why couldnt something else be used on the road. Why does salt have to be the winner for taking down ice lol.
for generations they didn;t use salt like they do these days, and folks got about in older beat up HUGE 2 wheel drive cars just fine
its the fear of law suits that scared DOT into spreading salt and spraying chemicals to melt ice/snow
as folks today just don't want to have to learn any driving skills or slow down when it snows
so seems more folks rather have there vehicles eaten alive than learn how to drive in the snow!

again, I still think some fancy large legal team coudl make a lot of $$ with a class action suit against DOTS that use salt/chemical use!

I know all my vehicles I have ever owned have owned have had massive amounts of rust due to it!
heck my current one was rusting out in its first 3 yrs from new, and as of now there are so many nuts and bolts so rusty there crumbling away, , and IMO I also blame the OEM's
as at a 60+ k vehicle to rot away in 3 yr is poor quality product, they should maybe have vehicles specially coated or different parts for vehicles in the snow belt, sort of like having CA emission crap HAHA
its NOT like there isn't better coatings out there they can be using to prevent this , they just don't seem to want to make long lasting anything anymore, consumers have learned to waste money buy buying again and and again over having something last longer!
there was once a time when OEM"S actually cared about having a reputation for long lasting items,
now, its all about selling more and more, and coudl seem to care less about loyalty or there reputations,as long as shit sells! heck I wouldn;t be suprised if they were making things to fail on purpose to make folks buy again sooner now than ever!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts