Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for asking. Sled is at dealer and they’re waiting on parts. I’m waiting to hear back on an ETA.
I’ve asked my sales guy about a next step and he said the GM is reaching out to Yamaha to see what can be done.

Earlier post asked about location and dealer...I’d sooner not say, as I don’t want
to give the dealership a bad name...they’re doing all they can for me, and I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Thanks for asking. Sled is at dealer and they’re waiting on parts. I’m waiting to hear back on an ETA.
I’ve asked my sales guy about a next step and he said the GM is reaching out to Yamaha to see what can be done.

Earlier post asked about location and dealer...I’d sooner not say, as I don’t want
to give the dealership a bad name...they’re doing all they can for me, and I appreciate it.
Did you happen to ask if the dealership could give you something to ride until your sled is fixed correctly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I didn’t. I wouldn’t have the opportunity to ride before the weekend, and it’s supposed to be ready before then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Picked it up Thursday afternoon. Many thanks to the crew at the dealership who worked w Yamaha to get in parts early to get me on the trail 3 weeks earlier than they first thought.

Got a 60km ride in yesterday. All seemed good.

Leave today with family for a 3 day sled trip to Sudbury area w 2 other families, so, here’s hoping!!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Nice. I think you will be glad you hung in there.

I just came back from Quebec with mine (AC 9000 version 146 Crosstour) and it was awesome. 228 miles on the last day and the sled kept me both comfortable and smiling.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Picked it up Thursday afternoon. Many thanks to the crew at the dealership who worked w Yamaha to get in parts early to get me on the trail 3 weeks earlier than they first thought.

Got a 60km ride in yesterday. All seemed good.

Leave today with family for a 3 day sled trip to Sudbury area w 2 other families, so, here’s hoping!!
oh man... have you umm checked the weather?

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/ontario/sudbury
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/alerts/high-alert/ontario/sudbury

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Weather wasn’t bad. Trails were great, and empty. Put 200kms on today w wifes and kids...not bad!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Man you must have got the sled built with Monday hangovers!!

My StxDX has over 5,000 trouble free miles on it. Not even a blown belt which has been somewhat common on these. I now have the Hurricane stock muffler flash done to it. Runs great!!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Just heard back from the dealer...the window that lets you check chaincase fluid had fallen out. Chaincase went dry, chain was seizing.

Parts are ordered and will be replaced under warranty. No doubt, they’ve been great.

Another 2 weeks of no riding however.
These type of small problems (although I understand this problem led to a much bigger one...) are something Cat's have always been known for...My F7 some small issues but never left me stranded...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So, this year, out of warranty, and too upside down to warrant a trade, I’ve got a tune and clutch work on it. Also bought hard side bags. If it works, I should love it!?

If not? Ugg!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
So, this year, out of warranty, and too upside down to warrant a trade, I’ve got a tune and clutch work on it. Also bought hard side bags. If it works, I should love it!?

If not? Ugg!

Got the hard bags and clip them on for overnite stuff. Nice bags and a ton of storage when combined with my trunk and barrel bags.

Im staying stock. Like the sled more every time I fire it up.

Was your stock clutch a rattler or did you get a quiet one ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Clutch wasn’t noisy that I noticed. Didn’t get to ride much this season...maybe 500kms this far w a trip to Tamiskaming Shores to come.

No problems now...reliable and comfortable, but no added performance w/ Turbo Dynamics EcoTrail Boost and clutching. Slower in fact. My tech is looking into re-adjusting clutch.

I think I’ll get to like it after all once the boost is working properly w clutching now that it’s reliable!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Think I have about 5400 miles on my stock CroosTour 2018 A/C 9000 version of this sled. Best sled Ive ever owned for trail cruising and fun speed/handling mix. Fits how I ride perfect and love the Aux gas tank. Bummed it isnt made any more. Id buy the same model only newer next time if it was.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts