Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
riding in monts vallin in Quebec last week 2007 machzx was perfect compare to my brother 2006x it is a big improvement rode with 2 guys with F 1000 good sled but not quiet enough

ride groom trails the machzx is better
shutter bumps Small Moguls the machzx is just as good as the f1000

we got in to some trail riding was real rough the F1000 is better
as far as over all ride their both close but the cornering ability goes to the machzx

1/4 mile runs my 2007 machzx clutch set on 2 /144 studs up the middle 225 miles
f1000 d&d clutch kit y pipes 144 studs 320 miles the machzx would pull him by 2-3 sled lengths

yes the machz dose feel heaver but it the cat is no light weight

and not only are we faster we get about 16.5 mpg were the f1000 he was riding was only getting 10.5
on top of that the machzx has a much better build quality and has a much better fit and finish

and it feels more stable at high speed i think that because the machz has a lower center of gravity

i not going to say the f1000 was a bad sled it not. i just that ski-doo has made the 2007machzx run like it was ment to fast and the new clicker shock have made a good handling sled that much better

·
Registered
192 Posts
What was the top end on it. I ride with a guy and he hits 107 on gps lol BRUTAL. You would think Ski-Doo would have the clutching right on these things already. I am not impressed with the new mach z what so ever. This guy who rides a 07 mach raced a f7 and got spanked every time it wasn't even funny. Stock for stock (speaking from right out of the box no mods or playing with the weights)i would not spend my money on thses sleds. When they get tuned properly they sure can fly but they should be set properly from the dealer and it seems no dealer knows how to set them up.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I agree they should be closer on the clutching than they are.I put the new pins in my new x as soon as I got it home its still a pain taking the clutch off and doing this when it should have been done already.It pulled real hard .My son has a 06 f7 and I pull him pretty good with the the z I did the clutch pins as soon as i got it because I knew if he smoked me I would never hear the end of it. Im ready for snow

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Scott never did anything to his clutch according to his post all he did was set the clicker from 6 to 2 which your suppose to do they only come on six for the break in period but we always put it on two or three and break it in. Yes the Mach does work better if you change the clutching but it pulls hard even stock if you set it on 2. It will be interesting to see if my dads 07 Mach with 144 studs and clutch set on 2 will take his 06 mach with dalton clutch kit and same stud pattern.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The dalton kit worked very well what weight of pins did you put in? I know the first year we put to heavy pins which made the sled working very well all they way through from the line to top end in cold weather but in warm weather the sled wouldnt come of the line and th sled would overheat thought it was because the sled couldent keep it's self cool but we came to find out that the pins were to heavy so we put lighter pins in and now even if its warm out the sed pulls right from the line however we lost about two or three miles an hour we figure so it will only go about 120 instead of 123. Ill ask my dad what weight he had when it was was overheating and what weight he has now.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I never put nothing in it yet.I have the complete kit sitting on the shelf in the garage.I would like to get some snow locally to do some testing when I try the kit.Dont look like it is going to happen soon.Anyhow let me know what pin weight he found to be the best.Should be 21-23 grams.Let me know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm a Yamaha guy but I hae to say hats off to skidoo and the mach z......sled is awsome..its quiet...good on gas ..wicked fast comfortable.......I rode one last year and was very impressed....oh and it looks cool....

·
Premium Member
59,458 Posts
i put the 16.5 grm weights in mine clicker #3
right @7800 pulls hard

·
Registered
383 Posts
Good review Scott. Maybe I should have waited and read a few reviews on the 07's before pulling the trigger on the Yami. I really would have liked to have gotten the Mach, but I figured if they screwed it up for 05 and 06 that 07 was going to follow as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have a 06 and havent had any problems the only thing i have done is added 17 grams pins put the clickers on 3 and gas and oil...............havent even up dated the new mapping for 07 .......i want to see the 06 and 07 side by side before i change anything. :beerchug:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Had read about and have a few friends that experienced problems with fuel map issues (fouling plugs), bad cranks, and service engine lights.

I was tempted when I saw they went to the liquid cooled crank case, but many reviews I read said the ride had allot to be desired when the trails get rough...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The mach z are not for the type of guy or gal that just wants to change the oil once a year and add gas.They are for the man in the house that no's how to repair things ,like's to trouble shoot thing's you know like a problem solver type of guy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What are you saying there mr supersled.Are you saying you got to be a magician and not a mechanic.Or are you saying you gotta be a mechanic and a magician to make a mach-z be fast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2700 trouble free miles here on 05 MachZ. Sure I've done the updates and changed the clutching but no down time in 2700 miles. Haven't heard of any crank issues with the other Mach owners I know. All sleds require some maintenance once in a while and I've owned many.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
The mach z are not for the type of guy or gal that just wants to change the oil once a year and add gas.They are for the man in the house that no's how to repair things ,like's to trouble shoot thing's you know like a problem solver type of guy.[/b]
Yep. Find that out everyday. But you learn as you go.

07 mapping seems to be the fastest.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.