Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell? I get this new sled home and notice the VIN sticker on the foot well is missing. Can actually see the swirl marks from the removal. Any legitimate reason for this? Cert. of Origin looks OK. I'll be calling first thing tomorrow.

I had the sled picked-up for me, so I wasn't actually present upon taking delivery. I can't imagine getting my registration checked by the OPP or QPP. They'll haul me in for sure......

Jack in Ohio

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the dealer says they knocked-off the VIN sticker when power washing the sled. Since it sat in the crate sooo long, the tunnel oxidized and he tried to clean it up. Upon very, very close inspection, the engraved VIN is there if you use a pencil or marker to highlight. Say he'll try to get a new sticker, however, Cat says not there policy to ever issue new VIN stickers.

Disaster diverted

Jack in Ohio

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Mine came off pretty fast to didn't take much boot rubbing on it for it to get all scratched up so i just peeled it off. Wish they would go back ot a metal plate that didn't rub off so easy.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Looks like he did hose you....with the powerwasher. :smilielol: Sounds legit to me. Mine started to rub off also but there is a VIN etched on there too so not that big a deal. :beerchug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts