Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the years I didn't have a snowmobile or the funds to buy one it snows like a mutha. I get a decent used sled last year and was able to ride it 2 weekends, I buy a brand new one this year and it doesn't even look like it is going to get cold in the next few weeks and it is Jan for God's sake. I know that previous winters awhile back were close to as warm as this one but, why now?

At this point I will be happ with one good days worth of riding, and like the red sok saying goes "just wait until next year"

·
Premium Member
17,880 Posts
Its my fault, maybe if I put the sleds away and get all the summer toys out it will change for the rest of ya, anyways thsi from the local weather guy sums it up:

"The two-month combination of November-December went down as the warmest on record across every record keeping location in Southern New England. And it looks like Mother Nature isn't making any resolutions to change in the New Year. Another incredibly mild week is heading our way to start 2007."

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
its my fault because now i live where i can ride anytime i want to, all i have to do is walk out of the house to the garage.....so lame this year. lets put together a joint effort and call winter quits and go buy all sorts of summer toys!!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I'm with you Scorpion.

After wanting a sled for YEARS, I bought a brand new MXZ Adrenaline SDI in November and it currently has 0000.1 miles on it. I also bought new pants, helmet, goggles, gloves, boots, gas cans, plenty of oil, SAM membership, 06/07 registration, and last year bought a $4000 shed in hopes of holding my 'future' sled. So now she sits in the damn shed day and night, night and day laughing at my completely wiped out and empty bank account. My life is now consumed with watching devastating weather reports without the slightest hope for a major turnaround for at LEAST another 3 weeks.

Other than that, everything is fine!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I remember shittier winters than this one, I remember just a few years ago the lakes didn't even freeze!!!! I rode the quad all the way until like february!!! Things could be worse!! Soon enough!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,880 Posts
staying on the positive side, just think of all the cheap ass sleds for sale in about a month, month and a half, I need upgrades anyways... there will be snow in Febuary and March (march can be great for lake effect)

I remember winters without any snow but none this warm- so far. We have to get one or two big storms at least

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
staying on the positive side, just think of all the cheap ass sleds for sale in about a month, month and a half, I need upgrades anyways...[/b]
Thats how I got back into this sport, and will keep upgrading this way. Looking for a good trailer at end of season. No Snow sale.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Yup....same here guys. Bought brand new sled last year, only got 300 miles on it becuase last season sucked. Now here we are in Jan and it is going to be 60 deg this saturday! WTF? Normally I'd be heading up to Maine this weekend. I'm so depressed. It was pooring rain the other night at 40 degres. Last night 28 deg and no precip. WTF?!

:mother_nature:

I hope this changes soon. We all need snow bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.