Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sabercat are you out there?
i need info on being legal in newyork to ride sled, someone posted i have to register my sled in newyork and it'll take 2 weeks
is there a permit avaiable for out of state riders? like every where else!!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plan on being there by 1 p.m. on the 26th, do you have dmv # ?
i'll call from my cell phone before we get there

what will they do ticket you, are there police on the trails?

maybe cheaper to pay ticket than register sled!!
dont want to get thrown in the slammer 770 miles from home!!!

i may have to log off here for awhile, christmas [email protected]!?

i would appreciate any help

thanks in advance!!

will check in later tonight thanks again

·
Registered
743 Posts
I just e-mailed a guy at tug hill to ask him, as soon as he gets back to me I will let you no, Sometimes they have cops on the trails, not not that much during the week, and you are reg in some state and as long as you have insurance, I think the worst the can do is give you a ticket, My buddy got stopped with nothing on his sled, they let him go, but said we dont really care about the reg, but might have to inpound the sled for no insurance, but he just played dum and said he did not no, it was his first sled and they let him go.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have insurance so no problem there!!!
thanks , i'll chech in later, wife is giving me dirty looks,
family is over for dinner

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey dave , Taking a chance with the ticket might be the only option at this point , they wont throw you in jail . Insurance is the big thing . The police are on the trails from time to time . And about the trails , to be honest with you we have tons of snow :D the # for motor vehicles is (315)376-5332

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hey dave im glad u wont be in Houghton. :D ill have the trail all to myself. :D :lol: Hey fireman ill c u up there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts