Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sled will idle fine. when trying ot ride it is real boggy then comes outa it and will pull hard again. rite now in my carbs i have the stock 470's and the clip on my needle is one the 4clip down thats where it was stock. and plugs seem to be buring the same and look ok. but one thing with the plugs one side seems to have more carbon or what not built up on it then the other. when i put brand new plugs in one was still pretty clean around the edge when took it out to do plug check.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
What is your oil ratio!!

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Did you drain the gas out of the carbs before storage? Old gas still in it?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
carbs have been drained a few times now, heres the deal. i was gunna run twin pips this year so i had it running good at my house we went up to camp this weekend and it was running liek crap and i blew it up. so i get it all back together. and still ran like crap. couldnt get it going good so i came home and put the stock pipe set up on and stock jets and so on. and runs a little better but liek i said still boggy when u go ot take off.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Did u check your exhast valves they could be sticking

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Very hard to trouble shoot over the internet but it sounds like whatever you changed caused an issue. :dunno: Try putting fresh gas in, new plugs, clutching back to stock, new belt, etc and start from there. Go back to the point where you know it was running good. A clutching issue can cause a bog as well.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have tried the new plugs. i filled the tank up before i left. with fresh gas. it was bone dry from getting the recall done. and putting the new tank on. only done with the clutch is the springs. and i have the secondary shaved. and that has a brand new belt. and it ran fine before i let for camp. if i dont get it running rite i am gunna have to spend some money and have some one get it tuned for me. and the bog only seems to be at low end. seems like it come out of it when you run it. rus it as in when you can get on the gas and get higher up in the rpms.

·
Registered
385 Posts
What RPM is your bog coming in at?

I have one in mine at around 4K rpm if I try to run it there,,,, if I hit the gas below that RPM it pulls right through the bog, it only happens if I try to run steady at 4K.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Sounds like it 'could' be dirty carbs.

Pull your pipe and have a look down the Y pipe just for curiosity.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
when i had the y pipe off down in the exhaust ports they seemed pretty oiley. and the plugs werent. seemed kinda odd. i am gunan run outside rite now and put it on a stand and run it and see if the clutchs are woorking freely.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
inside the y-pipe seems to be wet. but the plugs are not. to me it seems to be a pretty simple thing if its rich coming out of the exhast why arent the plugs wet? looked over the clutch they both seem to be opening and closing fine, didnt seem as boggy while on a stand as it did when driving it on the ground.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.