Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife has a 600 fuelie, and it's sat for over 2 years now. Went to change trailers today and will only hit on one cylinder. Both plugs were wet with fuel but only the mag side would fire. Fuel tank was empty, but maybe there was some gas left in the fuel rail/injectors gummin things up?

Any suggestions on what I can do to get this sled running for about 5 minutes to get on the new trailer for now?

Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
Originally posted by F8ArcticCat@Oct 9 2005, 01:59 PM
Had same problem on 2 sleds.. One 2002 zr efi 600 was bad coil..  the other sled 99 zr 600 efi was the stator. Hope this helps..
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917885
[/quote]

To isolate fuel from electrical, remove plugs and put a couple of tablespoons of gas into each hole. Replace plugs and start. If both cylinders fire, its likely you'll need to clean the fuel system. If pto does not fire, try switching plug wires and repeat. Does problem follow? Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i bought a 2002 ss leftover last year. When i got the sled, it would not start (shipped). it turned out that the injectors were plugged. My dealer hit the injectors with 12V and they opended up.

give that a try...but be sure to understand that this may hose up a good injector. be sure it ID that this is the problem before trying it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Originally posted by bowser@Oct 9 2005, 11:37 AM
Wife has a 600 fuelie, and it's sat for over 2 years now.  Went to change trailers today and will only hit on one cylinder.  Both plugs were wet with fuel but only the mag side would fire.  Fuel tank was empty, but maybe there was some gas left in the fuel rail/injectors gummin things up? 

Any suggestions on what I can do to get this sled running for about 5 minutes to get on the new trailer for now?

Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917797
[/quote]
Clean all your grounds good. Happened on mine also from sitting.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips. It has good spark on both sides, so maybe the problem is a gunked up injector. The dead side plug was a little wet, but not fouled after starting. I'll have to give the spoon-feeding a try just to make sure.

ZL, I don't think the grounds will be a problem. Under the hood, the sled looks like it came out of the crate. It was only ran once 2 years ago. I rolled it that night, cracked the hood and ripped off the windshield. The wife was just a bit upset. :frech32:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Let us know what you find out. Mine was a ground problem yours might be diffrent but the fullies have to have a good ground or they wont run right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts