Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I put on the new exhaust. rumble pack it's loud with the ram air. I just got the new air box cover as I have previosly done the Ulmer modded box also. Semms to have lost power with both due to leaning.
I've been told by some of my friends here and home to add a fule controller to boost more fuel. Ok, but then which one is the best bang for buck, presettings? wide band? fuel/air ratio? which is best?
Please need some input here.

·
Registered
2020 ThunderCat, 2017 ZR 6000 RS
1,320 Posts
I have the PCIII and Ignition controller from Allen and my sled hauls the mail.... He has tested it for long time with dyno runs as well as a Wide Ban in the field to get the proper air/fuel ratio dialed in. The PCIII can add or remove fuel @500RPM increments. The PCIII will do the job, but if you want it to really go, then get the ignition controller at the same time. He has it setup, so that @6000RPM to 10,000RPM he advances the timing 6 degrees and then back to 0 @10,000 then @10,700-11,000 it goes back up up 2 degrees to help raise the RPM to give the optimum hp @11,000RPM. You can't do that with a timing key. Plus you can have it setup to advance up to 10 degrees for short drag races. ie..500-660ft. I's just a different map. Also, the beauty of it is that the timing only gets advanced when the throttle position sensor says you are @WOT. I think it's the best one out there.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have the PCIII and Ignition controller from Allen and my sled hauls the mail.... He has tested it for long time with dyno runs as well as a Wide Ban in the field to get the proper air/fuel ratio dialed in. The PCIII can add or remove fuel @500RPM increments. The PCIII will do the job, but if you want it to really go, then get the ignition controller at the same time. He has it setup, so that @6000RPM to 10,000RPM he advances the timing 6 degrees and then back to 0 @10,000 then @10,700-11,000 it goes back up up 2 degrees to help raise the RPM to give the optimum hp @11,000RPM. You can't do that with a timing key. Plus you can have it setup to advance up to 10 degrees for short drag races. ie..500-660ft. I's just a different map. Also, the beauty of it is that the timing only gets advanced when the throttle position sensor says you are @WOT. I think it's the best one out there.[/b]

INTERESTING! YOU NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT THAT! HOPEFULLY IT IS NOT LIKE THE DOBECK YOU BOUGHT FOR YOUR 4 WHEELER WHICH NEVER WORKED! HOW MUCH DID THOSE MODS COST YOU?

·
Registered
2020 ThunderCat, 2017 ZR 6000 RS
1,320 Posts
I should hope so, now my buddy with his F1000 knows what I have been doing under the hood. It was a secret for a few months. For some reason I forgot about it. I was cautious for a while their, but it must have slipped my mind. Let me know what you think and how you make out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts