Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got a friend that wants me to buy his fox floats for 300$.....and i was just wondering if i should sell my snopro ACT shocks and get these......im only 125lbs (15years old)

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
man thats a sweet deal if they are in good shape. if your ACT's are remote res, then i'd just keep em. but if they aren't remote rezies you may want to do it.
the floats are awesome for big jumps, but i think the ACT's are a better trail shock.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man thats a sweet deal if they are in good shape. if your ACT's are remote res, then i'd just keep em. but if they aren't remote rezies you may want to do it.
the floats are awesome for big jumps, but i think the ACT's are a better trail shock.[/b]
yeh they are the remote res ones.....but they just seem to stiff for me being so light, im going to loosen up the springs and see if i tell a difference

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
You may still find even after loosening the springs that things are still stiff. With the Sno Pro setup you need to change to a lightier oil weight or have them revalved. My daughters F5 we reworked the suspension last winter for her and it's great but just for her, she's 105. We revalved, oil change and did a gas pressure dropped. Also note letting the springs out will lower the sled, not alot but some, losing bump travel and cornering stability. It will also ride harder on the front stabilizer bar.

Is it just stiff up front? or also in the rear? The rear is where your weight most effects the ride. The front carries the engine weight and some of your fuel weight. So most likely the Foxes might be a good move if you don't want to adjust your ACT's. Just make sure they are for a Firecat....as all Foxes are not the same

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Is it just stiff up front? or also in the rear? The rear is where your weight most effects the ride. The front carries the engine weight and some of your fuel weight. So most likely the Foxes might be a good move if you don't want to adjust your ACT's up front. Just make sure they are for a Firecat....as all Foxes are not the same. If the sled is bucking you like a cheap thrill ride you can try and loosen the front skid shock but you may find little difference. A rework of the shocks in the back or a set of standard skid shocks for the next year or so would probably work better right now.

A cheap fix for the rear would be a set of saddle bags loaded with lead shot :) adjust as needed......

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it just stiff up front? or also in the rear? The rear is where your weight most effects the ride. The front carries the engine weight and some of your fuel weight. So most likely the Foxes might be a good move if you don't want to adjust your ACT's up front. Just make sure they are for a Firecat....as all Foxes are not the same. If the sled is bucking you like a cheap thrill ride you can try and loosen the front skid shock but you may find little difference. A rework of the shocks in the back or a set of standard skid shocks for the next year or so would probably work better right now.

A cheap fix for the rear would be a set of saddle bags loaded with lead shot :) adjust as needed......[/b]

we loosened the rear lots because first ride it was beatin the crap out of me ......just seems like when i come down of a wheelie or jump i have no give in my front shocks....im going to play with the front shocks and try to loosen them up

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Sounds like you may have something up with your fronts. It should be stiff but......these things are made to ride aggressive. Put the front up on something and let the front hang, then back down on the front springs till the retainer rattles and then one whole turn to hold it in place. After that it shock work. While you have it in the air check the shock makes it's full travel.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeh ill try that, thanks for all the ideas guys this forum is such a huge help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts