Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got a good clutch setup for a 2001 zr 600.
Want very good backshift, setup for very agressive trail riding.
I am a rookie when it comes to clutch setups, so help would be very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Here's the setup (s) that I have run. I have since gotten rid of one of the sleds, but these setups worked well. First, a little background. I have 2 - setups for you, 1 is on my sled and 1 is on my brothers sled. We also have a stock 01 ZR 6 and a stock 02 ZL 6 to compare to. All of our sleds are EFI's and nothing else had been modified except what is noted below.

Sled #1
50-7 heelclickers, 4gr heel, 0gr center and 4 gr tip.
Heelclicker billet primary cover
Heelclicker orange primary spring
Straight 49 helix with stock yellow spring in secondary
23/40 gears
M-10 rear suspension
192 Fast-Trac Top Gun 2’s

Sled #2
50-7 heelclickers, 4gr heel, 0gr center and 4 gr tip.
Heelclicker billet primary cover
Heelclicker orange primary spring
Stock helix with Cutler's red/white spring
stock gears
stock Fasttrack suspension
144 Fast-Trac Top Gun 2’s (center only)

Right now sled #1 beats #2 by about 15 lengths on the top end. Sled #2 has more corner to corner acceleration, we figured this is because of the helix.

Both sleds engage very smoothly at about 4500 RPM and pull solid right to 8500 RPM where it holds at WOT. The engagement is so smooth you can't even tell it has a clutch kit.

Also, while sled #2 has incredible Low and Mid range it has lost a little top speed, the stock sled will go by it, that's why we are trying different gears and helix's in Sled #1.

If you are going to be doing mostly trail riding, leave the stock gears.

BTW: I have the heelclicker weights out of my sled. They have about 700 miles on them and show no wear, PM me if your interested in buying them, I just want to get rid of them at this point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts