Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Simons CPR Powerup kit for my 03 ZR 900. Does any one have a pic of the airbox with the TPI lowboy valves in it? I need to see where they are located on the Airbox.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Do you have the small or larger airbox?
I mounted two TPI's on the front of my ZR800 which has the larger airbox. A third TPI would only fit on either side. If I chose to mount another it will be behind the secondary.
I have a TempaFlow as well which takes some of the space but found that by installing them just below the cover with the vents openning downward was my only option.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
thats how im going to install them too..
I think I can only fit 2.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might have the smaller box. If I had a pic it would hel me to see what I'm working with.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have 2 on the front of my airbox...
when its cold out i leave them closed..
or if i am riding in "dusty" conditions ..im kinda afraid of the moisture getting in the airbox.. but there always open for drag racing lol
i donno it may be me being too cautious... but i dont want to do a :frech32: squeaker...
secondary in the second hole from being the tightest... b.t.w.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
yeah....im going with two in the front...open for race or warmer temps, closed for cold temps.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had an 03 ZR 900 and had two in the front and one on each side for a total of 4.
In the pic you can't see the one over by the oil tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At what temps do you have the TPI's open and at what temp do you close them? Like at 10 f are they open and at 0 f do youclose them?

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
i would close them at 15 deg below 0 celcius...whatever that is in farenheight.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That works out to be 5 degrees in farenheight. There is no inbetween? I mean is there a closeing half way at any point or is it all the way open and all the way closed? One more thing I was thinking about is if so much more air is comming in is the new jet that comes with the kit a fatter jet? Is it adding more fuel to the mixture?

·
Premium Member
2021 Pro-S 850 137" 2016 SB 800 Pro-S 136"
4,590 Posts
When I talked with Jeff at CPR last year he said they were now using 420 main jets. Thats what I used last year with reeds, D&D Powerbreather, and SLP single pipe. I had no issues. I'd put the caps on the Powerbreather if it got below 10F.

·
Premium Member
2021 Pro-S 850 137" 2016 SB 800 Pro-S 136"
4,590 Posts
I think stock is a 450 main jet? But I think I was wrong. Come to think of it I was running stock jetting with the SLP Single pipe and Jeff said they were running safely at 420 mains.

But I see Brown's Leisure has it as 430**

Not sure what the ** means, but guessing it applies to higher altitudes.

·
Registered
235 Posts
430 is stock but a lil too rich
420 is good for trail riding...with valves open but be cautious and do a plug check.... if it gets colder and your sled is really perkin.. be careful with long blasts.. or close the valves.. it has pleanty of power and likes fuel so stay a lil on the rich side.. 420s since 03... approx 6,700 miles no burndowns

·
Registered
491 Posts
With 440 Mag/ 430 PTO jets I used to run all four open at above 25F, 3 open at 24F to 15F, 2 open at 14F - 0F, I always had one open. I ran that sled in -25F with no problems. Of course when it was that cold I didn't go WOT for miles. I had Vforce reeds and gutted airbox as well.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well it's all instaleded. I finnished it last night. The TPI's came out fine. I took the horns and the shelf out. Sealed extra holes the shelf used to go into. Sealed around the new TPI's , put the mains in and the Lenco reeds. We will see how it runs in a couple of months. The difference should be like night and day. I have the CPR Clutch Kit and the Power Up kit too. I hope it's dependable. We are talking about $575 Of Simons CPR upgrades. I hope it's worth it.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Originally posted by bly123@Oct 7 2005, 12:07 PM
Well it's all instaleded. I finnished it last night. The TPI's came out fine. I took the horns and the shelf out. Sealed extra holes the shelf used to go into. Sealed around the new TPI's , put the mains in and the Lenco reeds. We will see how it runs in a couple of months. The difference should be like night and day. I have the CPR Clutch Kit and the Power Up kit too. I hope it's dependable. We are talking about $575 Of Simons CPR upgrades. I hope it's worth it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=914668
[/quote]

Sounds like you choose the hot set-up. Enjoy!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts