Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 98 tcat 1000. run at 2300 ft average ,about 0-35 temp. range. machine all stock ,am running 400 mains as recommended by chart.
plugs are dark and hp seems less when warm out.
maybe try 390?? any thoughts???

·
Registered
161 Posts
Did you try changing the clip placement on the carb needles. I am not sure where yours are set, but if you move them up one slot, that will lean them out just slightly, which should clean it up some. My 1999 ZR 440 Snopro is ultra sensitive to temp changes, and I do this on a regular basis. When it gets cold, I drop the clips a notch or two, and when it warms back up I have to move the clips back up. I run my '95 ZRT 800 at the second to the bottom slot for most riding, and 450 mains.

Good luck, and hope for snow.

--Monza

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you try changing the clip placement on the carb needles. I am not sure where yours are set, but if you move them up one slot, that will lean them out just slightly, which should clean it up some. My 1999 ZR 440 Snopro is ultra sensitive to temp changes, and I do this on a regular basis. When it gets cold, I drop the clips a notch or two, and when it warms back up I have to move the clips back up. I run my '95 ZRT 800 at the second to the bottom slot for most riding, and 450 mains.

Good luck, and hope for snow.

--Monza[/b]

the needles are1 slot from bottom [set low] . got 380 jets today. gonna try them. this is a mountaincat so maybemore than just jets need changing. needles etc????

·
Registered
322 Posts
try em and pull the plugs, as long as theyre brown you should be good to go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts