Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get my dad's 99 MXZ 600 running properly for him. He hasn't ridden it in almost 2 years. Last year I took apart the carbs and cleaned them. Now, I'm trying to fire it up so we can ride, but the PTO side wont fire. I've got lots of spark, tons of fuel, and 105 PSI compression. As you can see by my profile, I'm a Polaris Guy and don't know much about Ski-doos. If anyone has any idea as to why this thing won't run, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! :dunno:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I would spray a quick spray of quickfire ( ether engine starter) into one of the plug holes then pull it over and see if it will fire for ya. If it does than you know you have the right mechanics happening. I would bet the gas is running in there too rich and not letting the sled fire the fuel thats in there. Take out the plugs and give it a few pulls, then let it sit for 10 mins. Spray a shot of ether in each plug hole, screw them in quickly and give it a pull. If you get it to turn over that way you might get the carbs to start acting the way they should.

·
Registered
277 Posts
first off 105 of compression sounds a little low???? i thought it was suppose to be around 135 or 140, replace plugs, make sure the carbs are completly clean, check fuel lines, poor a capfull of fresh fuel down the cylinder hole and see if that works......I bet its the carb though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.