Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did I do wrong. I cleaned it. Put everything back were it belongs, and now it will only run on full choke and even then it will only run for a short time if you give it some gas. If I turn the choke off it will die. Seems like it is surging. With choke fully on the idle goes up and down, up and down. It does not want to settle down. It is a mikuni carb. Has a 3 piece jet in the fuel bowl. That is practically all that I removed. Any ideas?

Tim

·
Registered
132 Posts
Did you break or lose the gasket? It sounds like you are sucking air somewhere.That is usually the only reasor it would only run with the choke on.Check all gaskets especially the intake to carb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you break or lose the gasket? It sounds like you are sucking air somewhere.That is usually the only reasor it would only run with the choke on.Check all gaskets especially the intake to carb[/b]

That is exactly what happened. Two gaskets where ripped. Went down to Autozoo and picked up some gasket material and cut all new gaskets. Fired it up and she purred perfect. Glad I got it figured out. On the down side we only ended up with 1 inch of snow.

Tim

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is exactly what happened. Two gaskets where ripped. Went down to Autozoo and picked up some gasket material and cut all new gaskets. Fired it up and she purred perfect. Glad I got it figured out. On the down side we only ended up with 1 inch of snow.

Tim[/b]
Glad you have it fixed!! Amazing how boards like this can help a guy out in a short time. Just think back years before and how long it would take to get info like we get on these forums :smiley-faces7:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts