Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my bro who has the f6.....we tried to do tighten the spring and we dont know how to put the roller plate back on to the drive pulley

could any body give some instructions on how to do this

thanks

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Use a roll of duct tape to hold the clutch. Have one guy hold the clutch from turning and the other turn it clockwise and push it over the shaft.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about comprising the spring with vicegrips and just turn

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Don't do that. Just push and turn.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info

man if you guys weren't here my dad would of kicked my brothers ass....my dad told my brother so many times not to play with his sled and he did...if you werent here his ass would of been grass

thanks alot

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if we put the spring tention on the 4th notch wut will it do, it's stock position was the 3rd hole

·
Registered
631 Posts
It may rev 1-200 rpm higher on top end.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will it affect gas milage..acceleration...top end

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
like he said 100-200 rpm's more on the top. wether that will help or hurt your top end you'll pretty much just have to ride it and find out. some sleds like the extra r's and some don't... it all depends on your setup and motor...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya but will it affect my gas milage or my acceleration

·
Registered
464 Posts
Well some sleds are max'ed before you get to higher RPM. Like he said it depends on the setup. For example. I engage at 4200 and I rev to 7800. At which point I am at 103 and fully shifted out on my clutches. Don't know what your setu p is, but You will learn alot here on this site. Did you take the clutch off all the way. Hope you marked the clutch? as for the position it came off. did you mess at all with shims?

ps, Why are you so concerned with Gas Mileage, top end? At your age you should just ride it. COncern yourself with proper riding and safety. I tell all my friends and family that, that is what is paramount. When you are older, I would worry about those things.; just :m2c:

Karl

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Originally posted by mxzxkid600@Aug 30 2005, 12:55 PM
will it affect gas milage..acceleration...top end
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=853397
[/quote]
It will affect both more gas and less top end. The green spring is the heaviest stock spring allready hurts top end winding it will only make it worse. If you a light weight and arent studded to heavy try it in the second hole with the belt warmed up good. should pick up some top end and better gas miliage.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Going to the fourth hole is not necessary unless you need more backshift coming into and out of corners. Never race a stock clutch set-up in any hole less than the 3rd hole on a 2004 F6. If you want to radar run go ahead and try the first or second but backshift is greatly compromised. The fourth may add a little on the rpm's and allow the motor to rev a bit more on the upshift, but don't use your secondary to tune the rpm as a general rule.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts