Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WANT TO RUN MY F7 IN THE LOCAL GRASS DRAGS IN THE TRAIL STOCK CLASS.
ANY INFO ON WHAT YOU CAN OR SHOULD DO WOULD HELP.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Get a re-programmed cpu, many well placed studs, get the rear and front lowered as much as possible without tying the suspensions down, make some regular (non carbide) wearbars, different weights, springs, helixes, gearing, you will set and ready to go trail stock racing!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
If you are running the trail stock class in MI. or psgdra you can tie the suspension down you just have to maintain 2" of travel in the front and 4" in the rear with the driver on the sled.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
at greenville race i was pulled into tech and they checked the travel. i had to have 4" in front and 4" in rear. and yes you can tie down the suspension.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Originally posted by ricor2008@Sep 10 2005, 06:22 PM
I want to race grass. I have an F7 carb. What besides lowering it, should I do 2 it?? to race in stock, or mod??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=868991
[/quote]

Consult your jetting chart and conservitivly use your imagination on re-jetting the sled. Then tighten your fuel screws some, and loosen them air screws up some.

What type of studs/track are best used for grass racing??? any successful combinations??

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by soldd@Sep 10 2005, 07:54 PM
Consult your jetting chart and conservitivly use your imagination on re-jetting the sled. Then tighten your fuel screws some, and loosen them air screws up some.
What type of studs/track are best used for grass racing??? any successful combinations??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=869141
[/quote]

The best combination is the camoplast speed track with chissel studs, if you can, also weld on "hooker" style plates to the track clips, for screw in chissel studs as well. That is if you not just racing "trail stock" class, but stock class or semi-pro class. If you want to be competitive then you need to run 5.5-5.6 500' times in 700 single pipe. Also, invest in a set of brower timeing systems wireless and find a smooth practice strip if you can. You can get use out of the brower timing system for doing your own ice runs, there not just for grass racing. Good Luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts