Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well lol im having a bitch of a time to get my recoil to work on my 03 f7, it pulls out fine and rewinds the cord perfectly, but the dam thing just doesnt engage and turn the motor over when you pull the hanlde out can somebody help me here thanks i appreciate it, it was working for a bit but you had to give it a real quick jerk to get it to engage now it just free wheels

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
it has to have something to catch on the flywheel, it must not be in place, or worn out. My memory is to faded to remember exactly.

it shouldnt be to hard to figure out just takes some time of looking at it while someone slowly pulls the cord to see what should grab the flywheel.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Take the recoil on. When you pull the string there should be something that comes out to catch the flywheel to pull the motor over. I can't remember exactly how it goes together. Did you replace the pull cord?

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you have the nut to tight on the recoil assembly the part that comes out and catches won't release. Put some loctight on it and back it off a little.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i already tried the loctight and back it out a few turns but it would only engage and turn the motor over if you gave it real quick hard tug, if you tried to slowly pull the cord out it would just free wheel anywyas if some one else has some tips they could offer i would appreciate it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts