Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a m10 skid off e-bay for my 01` srx ,turns out it is one off of a polaris (no model or year of sled available,sorry)I need the stand alone controller for it ,or another option for adjusting it. Was hoping some of you polaris guy`s could shed some light my way.It has allen head bolts that hold the ace in place if that helps.Also is this a good skid?

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Post a pic of the jack unit (shock adjustment) is it the Polaris unit or the Jack from Fast??? If is the Polaris unit you will have some work in front of you and some additional expense, find a wrecked one and get the electronis for it. If it's the Fast unit you will need the controller for it available from Fast, you may need some help with the wiring on the SRX. If you don't care about the Electronics you can always convert it back to manual adjustment quite easily

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure how to post pics yet but i am pretty sure it is polaris unit.Hoe do you convert it back to manual ?And yes i have a yamaha conversion bracket .Thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If it has the ACE motor on it, you can still operate the unit by simply powering the plug that has two leads on it. You may be able to just rig up a switch to a power source (I assume you have a battery - if not, I think you will need one). This method will not be easy for on the fly adjustments, as there will be no guage to show where the shock is. But it may work just fine for trail side tuning. My ACE control unit or potentiometer is shot - doesn't matter which, because I have no money to spend on it. I just adjust the shock with a 12 volt power source (jumper to my battery). Still easier than using a wrench...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not sure how to post pics yet but i am pretty sure it is polaris unit.Hoe do you convert it back to manual ?And yes i have a yamaha conversion bracket .Thanks.[/b]
the advice I got from david ,at fast, on my 02 blade was to just remove the motor and other related electronics and you just adjust it by turning the shaft that engages into the motor. My blade came with a spinner wrench in the tool kit for this purpose

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I second prayforsnow's answer. I have the jack and the little speed wrench works great to adjust. Just get the wrench from fast and pull the motor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts