Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace the springs on my '02 ZR 500cc. The problem I'm having is removing the upper idler wheels to take off the old springs. What's the trick to getting them off without destroying the bearing?

·
Registered
754 Posts
i change the springs in my 02 -500 the other day , i took the bolt off the the bottom arm and took the peice over to the arctic cat shop.he gave me a special tool to remove the wheels. it only took a few minutes to change the springs.hope this helps you.
sno_pro_500

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
sno pro got the trick thing right. Its a special puller made for the job goes around the wheel and pulls on the bearing. If you try a 3 arm puller without some kind of backer plate it will just pull the wheel off the snap ring and leave the bearing on maybee wrecking the wheel.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Info. I'll take it down to the dealer today and have them pull them off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Take the snap ring out from the insideof the wheel, hit around the wheel with a rubber mallet a few times, off comes the rubber wheel, leaving the bearing.
Get a decent 3 arm gear puller and hook it around the bearing edges and it slides off without to much torque.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I can't even see the snap ring on the inside of the wheel. I contorted myself up there with a drop light and a mirror and can't see anything. The spring is in the way. I suppose there's no way around taking this thing completely apart is there?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Nevermind. I just took the whole assembly out and I'll bring it to the dealer. I can't wait to try putting that back in. <_<

1 - 7 of 7 Posts