Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
The directions say where to put the circle vents.rt where the warning stickers are, on top by the ign key and and choke.make sure you remove them so you don't cut into them.you'll need a 3'1/8 whole saw(I believe that's what the dircteions say).as for the rivit gun I used my sears swivel head with no problem.go back some pages and youll find pictures it won't let me up load.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking about putting them under the belly pan sort of down by the exasuts exit and same on the other side because they look like shit in my oppinion but the warniing stickers think thats a bad idea?

·
Banned
17,243 Posts
Put them where it says to put them. Will try and upload pics. I also took the foam off of the removable side panels and installed heat reflective tape. Cut holes in the side panels and installed 02 Sport Touring vents. Alot of hot air gets exhausted from the clutch and exhaust side. Sorry can not upload file too big.

·
Registered
269 Posts
yea my father just has those on his but thats it mu im looking to hide the vents as much as possible also how did you guys drill outb the holes with out hitting the a-arms?[/b]
I used a dremel, air saw and a drill to drill a holw for the air saw.clutch side took the longest due to the clutch rt side I removed the can it makes alot easier

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think i am going to trace the pattern on the belly pan and then just drill a pattern of holes, like on the steel mesh, in the cut out areas only and then mount the flowrites with out the mesh backing. This way i will not be cutting gaping hole in the belly pan and it should flow just as much air.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I didnt like the round flow rites on the console either. I took out the storage compartment and cut out a piece of aluminum simalar to speaker grill(only way I can think to describe it). I cut it the same size as the compartment door and rivited it in. Someone else on here had some pics they did both sides(I only did clutch side). I thought it looked a little nicer. I only got 120 miles so far but I seems to work good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.