Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Am looking to get an AC 09 Z1 Turbo secondary rebuilt.
Rear sheeve bushing is shot.
I know there are shops in US but surely someone must do this closer?

thanks

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say he is stuck in nb broke down.couple dealers up there might be able to help out.
Not broke down as I noticed it when doing overhaul for season.

I have my spare secondary clutch on now and am looking to repair the worn out Secondary.
I was hoping that there is a machine shop in NB( as none I know of here in NS) that has been doing a satisfactory job of machining inside sheave to insert a beefier bushing than stock.
The service is available in US but hoped to find this closer to home and in Can dollars.

I am heading to Bathurst/Edmunston area next week on a sled trip and hoped to be able to drop it off to be fixed somewhere.
Buying a new one never entered my mind for 2 reasons 1 design has a small bushing and will likely wear again and 2 AC cost of a new unloaded driven clutch is ridiculous lol.

thanks for comments though

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a heads up to those on here .

J Borque in Moncton have a Local Machine Shop that will turn the Driven clutch on a lathe and install a new ( custom fit ) bearing in the Sheeve.
Cost around $150.00.

I ended up getting a good deal on a BDX brand new unloaded driven sheeve with their oversized bearing so went with that instead of rebuild.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks

I had called and left a VM for Ron.
Funny thing was he never did call back.
Not my normal experiance with him over the Years.

Usually quick to get back and a Great guy Service and work wise.

I just chaulked it up to him being busy.

I found and bought a new clutch so never did get the old one rebuilt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts