Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am from western Ny. 20 Miles south of Rochester. Honeoye Falls. Well Guys I know a bunch of local trails and am looking for more. I ride to Honeoye Lake all the time as well as Rush and Bloomfield. I am lookin for trail in all directions from any near the areas I ride. Thanks for the Help.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Do you belong to a local Snomo Club? If not I suggest you join one and they should be able to help. I would think your local dealers could direct you.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Head west young man............

I'm over here in LeRoy (not far from you) we have some great trails out this way. From around here you can ride to Letchworth, Wyoming, Erie, Genesee, and Orleans counties. These are some the counties that get plenty of lake effect snow and have plenty of trails to ride. On a good winter and every county has plenty of snow, I'd venture to say that you have just as much miles of trails then lets say Tug Hill. In my opinion, the trails are alot better around western NY, because they don't get as crowded and the open fields allow you to really open the sled up.

If your interested to try some these trails, let me know and I can guide you to where you can trailer to and which trails to take. I'm not sure if there are any trails that lead from your area to my town. Only trail I'm familiar with is the Greenway.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I am very Interested in the area. I am also a big fan of the LeRoy Knights. I been to the past couple title games they have been too. Yeah, I havent personally ridden the greenway my friends have and say it takes you too Letchworth. I would also like to know where you guys if you do hop on the greenway. Oh one more question is alot of wooded areas too ride and is the trails state legal? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I never have rode the Greenway personally. I've heard it gets beat up really bad on the weekends. I tend to shy away of weekend crowds. We have a great trail from LeRoy to Letchworth that hardly gets used, even on the weekends. I'd recommend this trail by me before the Greenway trail.

We have a good mix of open fields and wooded trails all around us. Further south you go, the more woods.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Originally posted by hfsledheads@Aug 27 2005, 07:02 PM
Well I am very Interested in the area. I am also a big fan of the LeRoy Knights. I been to the past couple title games they have been too.  Yeah, I havent personally ridden the greenway my friends have and say it takes you too Letchworth. I would also like to know where you guys if you do hop on the greenway. Oh one more question is alot of wooded areas too ride and is the trails state legal? Thanks for your time.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850105
[/quote] big fan of the knights glad to hear they will be tough this year again !! :banana: maybe state champs???

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'd also say head east if you have a trailer and try old forge, trust me you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey if anyone is interestered we may be doing a Webster to Old Forge trip. I am starting to reseach it. Anyone with info is welcome to put down some input.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Originally posted by hfsledheads@Aug 26 2005, 12:35 PM
Hey I am from western Ny. 20 Miles south of Rochester. Honeoye Falls. Well Guys I know a bunch of local trails and am looking for more. I ride to Honeoye Lake all the time as well as Rush and Bloomfield. I am lookin for trail in all directions from any near the areas I ride. Thanks for the Help.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=848745
[/quote]
I live in Scottsburg(just outside of Dansville)And I can ride trails all the way to Rich Stadium.Yea theres that many trails if you know the maps.FromHoneye lake Keep South to get to Harriettehollister State park in springwater Follow the main trail still south you will be in wayland food mart.from there you can go a few differant places to swain Ski to hornell dansvile etc. keep in touch i can give you more detail directions :banana:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I live in Wayne County, Marion to be exact.. I have a couple buddies that have done it quite a few times. They ride up to camp, and leave before the trucks & trailers go up, in case there are any problems. From Williamson (east of Webster), it takes a solid 8 hours of hard riding. I think they said like an average speed around 65... I'm gonna give the Yammi a run at it this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts