Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is just great. Dealer is telling me that Artic Cat has no-more cylinders for the F7's.

They have to make more. Estimates he'll "POSSIBLY" have something by the 30th!

So here I am with an $8,000 sled that doesn't run, no parts and we finally have snow! :angry:

I am VERY glad I didn't sell my POLARIS....!

Anyone know where I can find a cylinder right away?? Would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
call the crooks in munising that stole the 5 firecats over the last two weeks,
2 of them right off the guys trailer outside the hotel door!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called them, there already parted out. Guess they got 1,000 a piece for each of the cylinders.

Guess they're in such a high demand, riders are buying additionals for spares!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
the trail cops were out saturday night doing courtesy checks trail side, what? well thats what they called it, so i chatted with one of them for a few minutes and he told me to watch my sled, there has been 5 f-cats and 2 polaris stolen in the last two weeks

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't call it "Courtesy" checks, rather.....you slip, we make money checks!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would anyone like to steal my F7????

I'll leave the key in it, but you'll need a tow strap!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Originally posted by Fire Chicken@Jan 15 2003, 03:57 PM
Would anyone like to steal my F7????

I'll leave the key in it, but you'll need a tow strap!
That reminds of when I was 5 or 6 a guy stole my dad's El Tigre from our house while we were at a high school basketball game and ran it out of gas in a field and then walked through an alley to his house. You could follow his tracks right to his back door. The moron!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think that El' Tigre ran out of gas...I think it lost a cylinder!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
No it ran out of gas, he only got to ride it a mile or so otherwise it would have lost a piston. Seems like I spent a lot of time watching dad put new pistons in the old eltigre. LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don`t understand why people are having to wait for
cylinders and pistons,most big dealers should have at least
a dozen of each in stock at all times,and AC should have
500 of each in stock during Dec.,Jan.,Feb.,nobody should have to wait no longer
than two work days for any part for these sleds,something is not right here,what do you guys think of this

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i'm sure cat does not make there own pistons, probally made by wiseco then shipped to cat, or suzuki has a supplier and they have to re-tool a production line to make a run of them, and wont do it for 5 or so pistons

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
Originally posted by dave cat 7@Jan 15 2003, 03:30 PM
call the crooks in munising that stole the 5 firecats over the last two weeks,
2 of them right off the guys trailer outside the hotel door!!
this is why it's so important to have insurance .

·
Super Moderator
5,655 Posts
Firechicken!

I would have them send the cylinders out to mellinium Tech to have them welded and renicasil plated. It is even better than stock. Use aftermarket pistons if they are not available. I had a similar problem in 98 with my 600efi and they ran out of cylinders and insisted they do it to get me up and running because i had a week long trip planned. They eventually relented when I said buy the sled back from me and I would take another in its place. They called cat and got the go ahead. This is an extreme case but i was not willing to wait 5-6 weeks for a fix. This will have you back up and running in a week. Good luck

Jester :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts