Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just had the ZR rebuilt and it would start within 2 pulls when it was cold everytime, but if I tried to start it anytime shortly after riding it it would not fire at all. The efi box was giving 2 flashes constantly when it was running, can someone explain what that means? We pulled apart all the connections and cleaned them up to make sure there wasnt a faulty connection. If we left it for approx. an hour it would start right back up again and run like a dream but it refused to start again if we tried right away after shuting it off. And then the last day or so of snowmobiling it just wouldnt start period. Any one got any ideas about what this could be? Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Also forgot to mention that it was seeming to lose coolant. We had noticed it was down from the fill line an inch or two so we topped it up, then checked it after about 40 miles of riding and it appeared to be a little low again. Not sure if it's just because the engine had been running for a while and wasnt cold when we checked it again. It seemed like it would get down to a certain level and then not lose any more coolant after a certain point. Maybe it was going out the overflow?? Where abouts is the coolant temp sensor located, I couldnt seem to see one. Hope it's a cheap fix anyways. :beerchug:

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
sounds a lot like a stator too. does it start to act up at all while riding it? or just having trouble re starting? can someone explain a little more on the coolant issue? i haven't heard anything about it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds a lot like a stator too. does it start to act up at all while riding it? or just having trouble re starting? can someone explain a little more on the coolant issue? i haven't heard anything about it.[/b]
It never acted up once while riding it, it ran flawless once it was started. It was just after trying to restart it. As for the coolant issue, we never could find a leak. It seemed to only leak out at a very slow pace while we were riding it. Not sure if this is related to the main problem but I suspect that it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts